PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF POSITION
- Manage the Warehouse workforce with an emphasis on HSE, Quality, and Cost.
- Ensure a competent, capable and enthusiastic workforce via proper personnel selection, clear job descriptions and organizational responsibility, personnel training, safety, health and education programs and a participatory work environment.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area utilizing best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and promote self as a leader in all aspects.
- Participate on Site HSE Committee.
- Conduct a daily review of performance and identification/delegation of immediate issues.
- Interact with Customer Service, Transportation and Production to proactively address issues.
- Interact with Training Coordinator to ensure a properly trained and documented workforce.
- Interact with Union management and representatives addressing concerns/conflicts in the workplace.
- Manage Warehouse budget.
- Participate in development of, support, implementation, and maintenance of LEAN, TQM.
- Perform a periodic assessment of safety, health and environmental conditions existing in the workplace.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Manage the Inventory Control and Material Handling functions within the Warehouse.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload.
- Interface with internal customers to answer questions or solve problems.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Optimize the layout and storage slots of the warehouse.
Prefer Manufacturing Warehouse experience (5+ years) as well as CPIM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $67,000.00 /year
- Warehouse Management: 5 years (Preferred)