The Administrative Assistant will provide overall office administrative support for the two Madison offices and the Engineering leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Perform general administrative duties such as miscellaneous computer work, filing, copying/scanning, presentation development, document development, and meeting/luncheon scheduling.
2. Greet and facilitate visitors insuring Company procedures are followed. This includes scheduled visitors as well as visitors arriving in unattended reception area.
3. Collect, sort, and distribute company mail. Prepare outgoing mail.
4. Monitor office supplies inventory for the Madison facilities. Coordinate ordering supplies with Supply Chain department.
5. Coordinate maintenance of Madison facilities with Facilities group located in Beloit.
6. Organize/maintain break room including refilling supplies of snacks and drinks.
7. Receiving of non-inventory items ordered and delivered to Madison.
8. Arrange shipping for outgoing Engineering items.
9. Assist Engineering leadership with scheduling/resolving meeting conflicts.
10. Arrange travel reservations for leaders and occasionally for groups traveling together (i.e. seminars and vendors).
11. Coordinate with Finance and Human Resources approval for employee time sheets and expense reports.
12. Procure passports, visas, and other documentation as needed.
13. Assist Technical Writing team as needed.
14. Schedule, plan, and execute events and activities for the Engineering department.
15. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
16. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel:
Occasional travel to Beloit office may be required. Local travel to acquire supplies may be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.