With an 85% internal promotion rate and rapid company growth, build your next career with the world’s largest pool supply retailer!
The Leslie’s Customer Support Center (Corporate Office) is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The Customer Support Center assists all of Leslie’s internal and external customers around the nation. The once warehouse, now office, includes an on-site gym and wellness center, along with covered parking. As the leading pool supply retailer in the nation, we work hard to maintain a supportive and friendly atmosphere that results in innovation and quality service.
The Sr. System Administrator is responsible for the technology infrastructure that supports Leslie’s e-commerce platforms. This position serves as the technical lead for servers, operating systems, databases, and other elements that comprise a web stack and its infrastructure. It involves setting up and configuring environments, as well as applying best practices to ensure performance, reliability, security, workflow optimization, and resource management. The Sr. System Administrator must be a self-starter and be willing to roll up their sleeves to solve problems. Strong analytical skills a must. You will work alongside other IT Infrastructure team members supporting technologies such as Windows servers and Avaya phone systems. Manage other IT related projects such as new technology implementations and rollouts. Collaborate with IT leadership in developing and implementing the strategic roadmap for your areas of responsibility.
- Design server architecture to ensure availability and performance of all of our web applications.
- Implement proper monitoring technologies to provide insight into platform availability and performance.
- Help optimize code development and deployment processes through automation.
- Create instances of servers running required technologies, including logging and caching, when deemed necessary to support our applications.
- Analyze and address possible networking bottlenecks, and optimize the communication between servers.
- Works with IT security team to set procedures, firewall rules, host and client access, file permissions, and user account access.
- Develops and implements various training, job aids, and instruction for users on the use of operating systems, networking, applications, and databases.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
Stop treading water; your career is here!
- 5+ years experience Linux/UNIX administration and support experience. CentOS knowledge preferred.
- Apache web server configuration and support experience.
- Application deployment and systems provisioning using Salt.
- Code versioning software using Git.
- Automation, monitoring, and testing using shell, Python, and Ruby.
- Virtualization and private cloud technologies.
- MySQL database administration and support experience.
- 3+ years working with Microsoft Windows server technologies such as Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS, and PKI Infrastructures.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL Server database administration, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, & SSIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of Storage Attached Network (SAN) technologies.
- 3+ years of experience working with TCP/IP networking standards, protocols, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced TCP/IP and VPN Issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco Networking switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Ability to develop and manage projects.
- Ability to respond to and address after-hours issues and alerts when they arise.