Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast was built on a strong set of core values around doing what's right. This person will play a pivotal role in continuing to develop and shape the culture of integrity and build awareness for new and existing employees around compliance and ethics. This position reports to the "VP, Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Deputy General Counsel of Comcast Corporation" and sits within the Compliance Group of the parent company-level Corporate Law Department.
Lead a team of compliance professionals to oversee and implement a broad spectrum of U.S.-based and international compliance and ethics policy, training and communications initiatives.
Partner with compliance stakeholders (including Corporate and Business Unit Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, Comcast University, Internal Communications) across Corporate, Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, Sky and Comcast Spectacor to:
- Continue to promote the Company's culture of integrity that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to comply with the law.
- Develop and manage a policy governance working group across business units to revamp the Company's Code of Conduct and implement an enterprise-wide policy framework with the goal to simplify and standardize policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement compliance and ethics training and communications programs to raise awareness of the Company's values, policies and procedures, including the Company's Code of Conduct and employee speak up and complaint handling procedures.
- Develop and manage Corporate's communications strategy, calendar of events and communications tactics for compliance and ethics awareness campaigns and initiatives including employee, people leader and HR messaging, newsletters, websites, toolkits, town halls, roundtables, train-the-trainer, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert on conflicts of interest and refresh the compliance controls involving this risk area.
- Coordinate programs and procedures to ensure employee completion and resolution of key compliance obligations, including compliance and ethics trainings, Code of Conduct and other policy acknowledgments, and conflicts of interest questionnaires.
- Assist in managing and leveraging the Company's cross-functional, enterprise-wide Compliance Committee.
- Roll out the Company's compliance program and obligations to newly acquired employees and joint venture partners, as appropriate.
- Help build effective performance and recognition incentives to help employees conduct business ethically and minimize risk to the Company.
- Develop a network of global compliance liaisons throughout the Company and use them to provide support for compliance and ethics activities, trainings and communications.
- Conduct evaluations of the effectiveness of compliance and ethics training and communications programs.
- Help identify potential areas of compliance risk and vulnerability; develop and implement action plans for the resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Perform other compliance program-related responsibilities and duties as needed.
- 10+ years of progressive related experience at a large corporation or law firm. In-house compliance or law department experience preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience influencing compliance and ethics through building training and communications programs and embedding them into a company's culture. Exposure to international compliance matters a plus.
- Experience in legal, human resources, organizational development, learning and development, communications, change management or similar field a plus.
- Membership in a recognized professional compliance organization and/or advanced professional compliance training a plus.
- BA/BS required. JD or advanced degree in relevant area strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead a team. Previous people management skills required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including experience with drafting and editing substantial written work product.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work across decentralized functions to enable other groups to take on and own compliance initiatives.
- Strong verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience with the preparation of presentations, slide decks and training materials.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the Company's objectives.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently on projects of high complexity with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze facts and identify issues, collect data/evidence, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and prepare reports.
- Ability to assess risks and identify weaknesses and recommend impactful solutions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer