We are thrilled to announce that Cumberland International Trucks has been named the 2017 Dealer of the Year. This award is given to only one store out of 700+ trucking dealers across the country. If you are looking to start a career with the #1 truck dealer in North America, please apply below!
This position is located in Murfreesboro, TN.
The role of the Entry Level Diesel Technician is to assist with Truck Check-Ins, prep work on trucks, learn basic PM Programs, customer communication, and other service related issues. Students are welcome to apply that are attending schools in the area such as Lincoln Tech or Tennessee College of Applied Technology.
As Cumberland grows, there's a bright future and the opportunity to grow your career within the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to build your career personally and professionally. We are looking for candidates to further their diesel technician career and Cumberland will provide education, online training, and on-the-job training. Over time, you can become a master certified technician.
Join the Cumberland team today – where we offer a career path, not just a job. In Nashville, one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, you’ll reap the benefits of a growing economy.
What We Offer Our Employees:
- Internship program for those looking to gain experience and work at a growing company
- Wellness program with the opportunity to win big ticket items
- Training/ mentorship programs
- Medical and Prescription Drug
- 401 K with Employer Match
- Wellness Program
- Voluntary Dental Benefits
- Life and AD&D Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- On the Job Training
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Access to Teledoc – a new benefit providing 24/7/365 digital access to doctors
- Onsite healthcare is available on a monthly basis
- Employee Discounts on Equipment at Cumberland Tractor & Equipment!
- Assist with the Truck check-ins.
- Assist Service Advisors in obtaining accurate information during the write up process of the creation of the customer’s ticket.
- Perform Lot checks during the day.
- Beginner training with technician on basic diesel engine repairs
- Periodic inventory checks of parts and tires.
- Train to perform oil changes, tires, brake repairs, and shop clean-up.
- Online training modules to complete for education.
- Assist the Service Manager and Shop Supervisors in the day to day operations.
- Assist in the Warranty Department with core returns.
A candidate MUST possess the following in order to be considered for this position.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer and service team.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Possess excellent communication skills internally and externally.
- Ability to operate and input data on a computer.
- Basic mechanical knowledge is desired.
This is not necessarily a list of all of the duties, responsibilities and requirements associated with this position. While the accountabilities noted herein are intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties as circumstances change.