Part-time | ContractEstimated: $59,000 - $80,000 a year3 days ago
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Teaching Certification
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
IPERC Academy is looking for an experienced educator to serve as a faculty advisor to the IPERC Academy high-school DECA team. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. This individual will use DECA-provided tools and resources and integrate them into classroom instruction to apply learning, connect to business and promote competition — a key motivator for members. The ideal candidate has an understanding of DECA procedures and policies and previous experience serving as a faculty advisor for a DECA team.
- Align your curriculum with national curriculum standards.
- Integrate activities that teach or reinforce specific career and academic standards.
- Engage your students in a small learning community and provide opportunities for leadership.
- Facilitate career preparation and goal setting among your students.
- Involve business leaders in various advisory roles and integrate the expertise of business leaders into classroom activities.
- Develop business-based opportunities for students such as internships, field trips and projects.
- Provide support for students to practice their management and leadership skills by incorporating project management into the curriculum.
- Communicate curriculum standards and the value of involvement in DECA to counselors and administrators to build support for your classes and program.
- Advise students in preparing for DECA-sponsored competitions
- Serve as chaperone to in-person DECA events and competition
- Certification in Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Understanding of the DECA procedures and policies
- Previous experience serving as a DECA advisor
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Experience developing and managing programs
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience working with ESL or international students
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- Have you previously served as an advisor for a DECA team?
- Teaching Certification (Required)