This is a contingent position, hours will vary based on the needs of the department.
Perform circulating and scrubbing, holding, and/or PACU duties in The Toledo Clinic Surgery Center.
Works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops a plan of care based on patient health care data, procedure to be performed, and expected patient outcomes.
2. Assists the physician by preparing, monitoring, educating, or recovering the patient in The Toledo Clinic Surgery Center.
3. Assists anesthesiologist to insure patient safety and quality of care.
4. Maintains documentation of nursing process for the care of the operative patient.
5. Evaluates changes in procedure and updates physician preference cards.
6. Prepares, cleans, and sterilizes instruments for surgeries.
7. Assists in counting sponges, sharps, and instruments.
8. Participates in Quality Assurance/Improvement.
9. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Maintains aseptic technique in accordance with AORN/ASPAN standards.
- Adheres to Universal Precaution Standards and clinic Policies and Procedures.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Associates degree, Bachelors degree, or diploma in Nursing and Current State licensure required.
- BLS and ACLS preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.