DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
THIS IS A TRANSFER POSTING LIMITED TO CURRENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY EMPLOYEES THAT HOLD THE PAYROLL TITLE OF INTERMEDIATE TYPIST CLERK.
NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Appointees may be required to work any shift including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Shift are either 4/40 or 5/40.
** DO NOT APPLY ONLINE **
If you are interested in applying for this positions, and like a lateral transfer, submit resume, last two performance evaluations, and records of two years of attendance via email or fax to:
Fax (562) 422-3187
Resumes and supporting documentation will be reviewed and only the most qualified candidates will be called for an interview.
Antelope Valley Communication Center
5210 W. Avenue I
Lancaster, CA 93536
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Desirable Qualifications:
Duties:Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good attendance record.
- Answers multi line telephones, receives emergency and non-emergency request for animal care and control services from constituents, contract city halls, law enforcement, and other agencies.
- Provides general and specific information regarding department services and programs to constituents. Includes database searches for stray animal, impounds/lost pets, available animal status and/or outcomes.
- Elicits information from callers in regards to requests for service. Ensures information is gathered in a thorough, accurate, and professional manner.
- Inputs requests for service into animal control (Chamelon) database. Evaluates each call and assigns initial priority.
- Interprets animal control ordinances, rules, regulations and procedures in order to complete assignments.
- Coordinates field response activities by dispatching field personnel to specific requests for service.
- Monitors field unit's location, service areas, and requests for assistance.
- Checks animal licensing records in order to reunite the owners with their lost pets.
- Operates telephone, radio, fax machine, computers, and other office equipment to communicate instructions to field Animal Control Officers, and to other Animal Care Centers.
- Contacts other agencies for assistance with animal care and control related issues.
Only for current Los Angeles County employees who are holding the payroll title Intermediate Typist Clerk.
THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.