About the Team
The Stitch Fix Finance team enables our clients to be their best self. We broadly define our clients as customers, business partners, and shareholders. Our mission is "Partners in Growth," and we drive value through business partner support, innovative and insightful analysis, and financial integrity. We are looking for bright, kind, and goal-oriented individuals who succeed in a fast-paced environment and thrive in building and improving processes to scale Stitch Fix to the next level.
About the Role
As the VP of Finance, you'll be an integral part of the leadership team efficiently scaling a finance organization at a fast-growing public company. You will lead the management and oversight of financial planning, merchandise and supply chain finance, and financial roadmaps for strategic growth. This encompasses the company's forecasts, annual planning process, management and Board reporting, and financial partnership to the organization. To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, innovative, and strategic thinker. You will have the ability to understand Stitch Fix's long-term strategies and translate them into actionable, motivating, and measurable goals. You also have experience leading FP&A for a public company in the retail, eCommerce, or technology space.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of financial professionals hungry to enhance growth and opportunities to make an impact.
- Implement ways of working and systems that enhance financial rigor, enable more thinking and less data manipulation, and bring controls yet allow for the nimbleness and investment needed at a fast-growing company.
- Lay a strong foundation of financial planning that drives company performance and lead core processes such as long range planning, annual budgeting, and quarterly forecasts.
- Oversee preparation of business reviews that highlight key risks, opportunities, and proposed action steps. Leverage internal capabilities and industry best practices to bring innovation to systems and processes.
- Develop management reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the business. Help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance. Strengthen the team's partnership and influencing skills and help bring to life the Finance team's mission of "Partners in Growth."
- Play a leadership role in forecasting client demand in partnership with Marketing and Algorithm/Analytics teams.
- Partner with the Strategy team to develop and execute Stitch Fix's long-term strategic plan and provide modeling/analytical support for strategic growth projects, new product development, long-term contracts, and other corporate development initiatives.
- Provide frameworks, models, and business cases to guide capital allocation decisions that maximize shareholder value.
We're excited about you because...
- You are Bright, Kind, and Goal-Oriented with applicable experience at a fast-paced company. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, humble and is ok with getting down and dirty … a positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
- You have a B.A. (MBA strongly preferred) with 15+ years of financial analysis and management reporting experience, ideally as the leader of a corporate FP&A team.
- Experience in a public company with a global, multidivisional footprint highly preferred, as is ecommerce, retail, or other consumer-facing industry experience.
- You are a proven leader who loves inspiring and developing financial professionals and other people managers.
- You know how to lead through change and are motivated by the challenge of a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are highly analytical and can easily transition between the strategic and the detailed.
- You have a strong background in financial modeling, problem solving, and frameworks for driving growth.
- You are a curious and voracious learner and are willing to challenge the status quo. You are a good listener and a model business partner.
- You possess outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills and can communicate complex financial matters to broad audiences. You understand GAAP and key accounting principles.
- You have strong Excel and systems skills and have experience with finance transformation projects.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe.
- A technologically and data-driven business.
- Competitive salaries, generous equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- We're at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We're passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We get to be creative on a daily basis.
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- We believe in autonomy & reward taking initiative.
- We have fun! Free lunches, a fully-stocked snack & drink pantry, regular happy hours, lunch-and-learns, all-hands meetings and fun events.