A bit about Me and My Client:
I am an independent Sr. Recruiter/Headhunter and I am working on an exclusive basis to assist one of my favorite clients, a highly successful MD contracting firm that is the Prime at this large semi-federal site. Seeking either a Cloud Architect/Sr. Engineer w AWS, Security & Automation to join a team, which is automating/integrating Java Apps and all other technology into AWS Cloud in an Agile/rapid release, continuous integration (CI/CD) environment. This is a multi-year project located in Reston, VA
US CITIZEN or Greed Card/Perm Resident or EAD (sorry, no H1B’s or EAD OPT) and able to work directly for new employer on a W2 Salary (no C2C or 1099’s).
Full, immediate benefits includes: 80% paid major medical, annual bonus, matched 401K ,1 day a week remote, flex hours.
- Join AWS Cloud Security Architecture team to constantly innovate and advance security posture of large financial systems using industry best practices and tools.
- Evaluate, architect, design and automate security patterns in applications and tools for AWS cloud infrastructures.
- Evaluate and prototype enterprise security tools, and architect and engineer their deployment using CI/CD best practices
- Combine multidisciplinary skills of information security, automation, AWS infrastructure and DevOps in AWS environment.
- Opportunity to work with broad array of modern security services such as IAM, Secrets Management, Encryption/Key Management, Docker Security including ECS/EKS, Security Hub, AWS organizations etc., and other COTS and Open Source enterprise security solutions.
- Work with general high-level requirements and guidelines.
- Independently research and analyze requirements and design and develop solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies related to information security and design and implement patterns for reuse across an enterprise
- Work with other architects and teams to meet the overall enterprise goals and objectives.
- Defend and update proposed architecture and design with enterprise review boards.
Technical Skills Required: As many as possible
- Excellent Information Security engineering skills for AWS cloud including as many of the following as possible: IAM, Security Groups, NACLs, AWS organizations/Accounts, S3 security and end points, secrets management service, SSM Manager, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, KMS, Guard Duty, AWS WAF, AWS API
- Experience with AWS networking including VPCs, Subnets, Security Group and NACLs
- Docker security using Twistlock or equivalent technologies for ECS and ECR services.
- Strong automation experience with Python ideally or other solid scripting language such as Ruby, Powershell, Shell or Bash using AWS Boto 3 libraries, CLI and SDKs
- Infrastructure code experience using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience w AWS Lambda functions for automation related work
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Overall understanding of security controls associated with protection and detection such as credential management, access controls, encryption, X.509 certificate management, logging, auditing and monitoring technologies and associated concepts
Other Qualifications Required:
- BS in computer science or equivalent degree in engineering or IT related is ideal but will consider equivalent exp.
- 8+ Years of industry experience overall with multiple years in areas of Development, Security, DevOps and AWS Cloud
- Previous experience with some enterprise security solutions using tools like Splunk, DgSecure, DataSunrise, Guardium, PaloAlto Firewalls, TwistLock, AquaSec, etc.
- Some of these other technologies: Linux, Windows, Firewalls, WAF, API Gateways, Akamai, CloudFlare, CloudFront, programming (Ruby, Java) NodeJS, .Net), protocols (TCP/IP, SSH, SNMP, DNS), PKI, Certificate Authorities etc.
- AWS DevOps Certification
- AWS Security Specialty Certification
- Information Security Certifications such as CISSP, Security+, Network+, GSEC, CEH, CISM
Please send resume and/or contact me if you ate potentially interested.
President and Sr. Recruiter
Career Strategies, Inc.
Virtual Recruiting Consulting
ofc.: 571-236-1775 in MD
"Give yourself the gift of work that inspires you!"
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- IT overall: 8 years (Required)
- python ideally or ruby, powershell or shell: 4 years (Required)
- Cloud with solid AWS: 4 years (Required)
- systems automation: 4 years (Required)
- Security: 4 years (Required)
- CI/CD processes: 4 years (Required)
- Citizen, Gr Card or PR or EAD (no EAD OPT or H1B) (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply