We are seeking an experienced and proven Director Online Marketing to lead, manage and grow our online marketing team – across digital, lifecycle and email, SEO and marketing automation – that supports all Weedmaps B2C and B2B go-to-market efforts. This role is located in our Irvine, California headquarters.
You will be responsible for operating a well-resourced, best-in-class online marketing group that has all the necessary knowledge, capabilities, processes, tools, relationships and talent to execute marketing programs and campaigns at scale across all available online channels. You will bring deep knowledge and proven expertise of the aforementioned, and will always be thinking of ways to execute faster, bigger, more efficiently and effectively, and in more innovative ways.
We expect our online marketing efforts to be always-on, highly scalable, highly targeted – the right message, delivered to the right consumer or business audience, in the right market, at the right time. You will continue to improve our tracking, measurement and optimization capabilities. You will be responsible for turning insights and data from go-to-market, analytics, sales and field teams into effective online marketing execution.
You and your team will partner closely with the rest of the Marketing organization and key cross-functional partners – including Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Brand Marketing, Sales, Business Operations and more – to develop aggressive user and client growth and engagement strategies, programs, campaigns and tactics.
As the senior leader for online marketing at Weedmaps, you will be the go-to expert and thought leader for our company leaders for all things related to this area. Senior leaders here are expected to create and drive alignment on strategy, while also being excited to roll-up their sleeves and get into the trenches with their teams.
Weedmaps is the cloud platform powering the cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find cannabis and thousands of businesses empower their employees and serve their customers, whether they are a grower, manufacturer, or retailer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user experiences. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 5 million consumers on a monthly basis.
- Lead, manage and grow the Online Marketing team
- Continually challenge yourself and your team to execute more effectively and quickly
- Own strategy and execution across all digital, lifecycle and email, and SEO channels
- Build our online marketing capabilities, scale, processes, reporting, best-practices
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in stakeholder organizations to develop go-to-market strategies and plans, and execute innovative best-in-class marketing programs and campaigns
- Develop, socialize and obtain buy-in and alignment for all things online marketing
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience in online marketing
- 4+ years of experience leading, managing and building teams
- Strong verbal and visual communicator and presenter in business and technical situations
- Proven and deep online marketing experience: Performance and direct-response marketing, messaging, segmentation and targeting, online marketing tools and partners, go-to-market planning, creative development, campaign execution, analytics and reporting
- Strong team management and talent development skills
- Successful track record of cross-functional collaboration and consensus building with execs
- Successful track record of recommending and building online marketing capabilities at scale
- Proactive approach to generating ideas and recommendations, and organizing and prioritizing work as they relate to company and growth marketing priorities and objectives
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Proven ability to develop creative, non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs
- Ability to identify and implement scalable marketing process and capability improvements
- Knowledge of digital ads platforms and partners, including DSPs, exchanges, etc.
- Relationships with digital ads platforms and partners, online marketing experts and vendors
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar), email and marketing automation tools (Iterable, Sendgrid or similar) and tracking tools (Segment, Google Analytics or similar)
- Very strong problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities with a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required", but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify ( http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify ).
Established in 2008, Weedmaps is the leading technology and SaaS company focusing on solutions for the cannabis sector. Our mission is to drive the advancement of cannabis legalization and provide the software, services and data platforms that underpin the B2B and B2C segments. Our current software offerings include point-of-sale, wholesale and consumer marketplaces, branded product verification, orders management, fleet logistics, and compliance reporting. Weedmaps strives to provide consumers a single source of accurate and reliable information on products, retailers, care providers, strains and trends. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, with additional locations across the United States, Canada and the EU, Weedmaps has over 400 employees and is expanding rapidly.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!