As Real Estate Office Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the property management division at EIV Technical services. This includes managing our current 60-property portfolio, and assisting in its growth. We own 33 residential and commercial units in Winooski, VT and 2 commercial units in Williston, VT. We will be adding an additional 25 units April 2020 with the opening of City Lofts. One of our investment partners will be working on the full City Lofts lease up, but may need additional help with leasing coordination and showings.
You will be responsible for managing and leasing our existing residential and commercial properties, as well as managing all physical company assets (i.e. computers, vehicles, equipment, etc.). Your work will also include maintaining vendor relationships and coordinating directly with vendors for property maintenance / issue resolution. As the real estate office manager you will provide exceptional customer service, make quick and informed decisions, and strive to achieve win-win solutions. You will work directly with EIV’s finance manager to ensure accurate recording of property related expenses and confirmation of tenant rent receipts.
This position requires a well-organized and driven individual. This individual will be systematic and committed to following up and following through, while remaining flexible as the company grows.
We are looking for someone who is excited and challenged by the idea of building a thriving organization in Vermont. You will be directly reporting to Lauren Harrington, EIV’s finance manager as well as Nathan Dagesse, VP / Director of Development. You will also be collaborating with our real estate development team on future projects.
- develop and implement effective sales and marketing plans to achieve rental income and renewal goals
- advertise and fill vacancies/obtain referrals from existing residents
- process applications and follow up with applicants
- promote and show properties to prospective tenants
- interview, qualify and place tenants
- maintain updated availability reports
- keep rental at optimum capacity
- maintain positive community relations
- negotiate, prepare and enforce leases/complete all required paperwork for new tenants
- collect security deposits/ensure timely payments and collections
- ensure the premises is ready for new occupants
- ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- enforce terms of rental agreements
- review vendor invoices
- investigate and resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
- enforce occupancy policies and procedures
- monitor and complete maintenance and repairs timely and cost-effectively
- ensure security of premises and maintain security devices
- implement preventative maintenance programs
- negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors
- direct and control all subcontractors, vendors, and resources to ensure property is properly maintained
- must be willing to maintain a 24/7 emergency cell phone and respond accordingly to emergencies until the issue is resolved (additional compensation for these hours)
- ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment
- managing the phone system
- working with the finance manager for invoice and accounting support, filing, etc.
- serving as IT guru (support coordinator)
- registering employees for trainings and making travel arrangements
- development and environmental project support, including minor research at local town offices and providing assistance with permit application submissions and recordkeeping
- working with the director of company culture to provide supplies and equipment to EIV field staff, as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.00 to $26.00 /hour
- management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Office Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Hours per week: