Want to be a part of the most AUDACIOUS and radically EXCELLENT Hardware, Paint & Decorating Retailer in the Country? Several of our area Hardware stores are looking for Store Manager candidates!
We’re JC Licht, and we’ve been giving expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Midwestern homes since 1907. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service. JC Licht professionals are trained in our extensive line of products and can help you every step of the way.
We are looking for friendly, customer oriented, and enthusiastic people to join the JC Licht Ace Hardware Store Management team! As a company, we are dedicated to delivering an amazing shopping experience to every customer, every time! If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility and a shared vision for providing incredible customer service along with making a total compensation package of $55-65K, then JC Licht wants you!
Position Summary: Managers control the day-to-day operations of their store, including but not limited to the direction of store operations, finances, personnel management, budgeting, supply place, and generating new business. Our Managers are ultimately responsible for achieving bottom line profit quota goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Store financials results and hitting quotas on all KPI’s.
- Drive Sales in all sales channels including but not limited to DIY, Business-to-business, acehardware.com, non-retail income, services, and other key categories.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines.
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the store.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- Suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer, assisting in completing their projects.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Liaises with district managers to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
- Takes inventory counts according to guidelines and assists management with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and inventory parameter maintenance.
- Ensures proper store signage is always maintained.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
Community Insurgency– Are you making your store known in the community
- Participate in Local Community and In-store events
- Support Company’s Charitable Fundraising
- Ensure they are staying involved in their Community by joining local Chambers of Commerce and participating in local fairs, charities, and other community events.
20/20 Vision Growth Plan Progress Report
- Achieve your stores “key performance drivers”
- Scan Rate, Mystery Shop, Customer Survey, Training Hours
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible spending account
Health Savings Account
Paid time off
Short Term Disability
High school diploma or equivalent work experience
Effective financial planning and management skills
Strong leadership skills and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Excellent organization skills
Strong written and verbal skills
Must have reliable transportation
Must be willing to work in a team, as well as independently
Sense of urgency and follow through are essential
Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience
Individual will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
Walking: Frequent; Flat surfaces from point to point
Standing: Constant; All work performed on feet
Stooping: Frequent; To pick up cartons at floor level
Reaching: Frequent; To a height of 6 feet
Lifting: Frequent; Up to 60 lbs., up to 500 repetitions per hour to a height of 4 feet (top of register); must be able to lift up to 25 pounds comfortably
Hand Dexterity: Frequent; Must be able to use at least one hand to operate register and complete paperwork
Pushing / Pulling: Frequent; Move hand jacks from place to place
Carrying; Frequent: Up to 50 lbs., up to 10 feet, occasionally more
Climbing: In-frequent; Stairs in storage rooms; ladders
Vision: Constant; Read labels, recognize boxes, safety in working
Hearing: Constant; Safety signals
The content of this job description is subject to change without prior notice.
JC Licht Ace Hardware is an equal opportunity employer.