Aug 19, 2018,12:01 AM EST
1. Meets, greets and assists visitors, substitute teachers and others to appropriate areas of the building.
Maintains a log of all visitors and issues temporary visitor badges as appropriate.
2. Performs any and all office duties which may include:
a. Answering telephone and directing callers to appropriate person/department
b. Handling inquiries from the general public, parents, teachers and students
c. Operating office machines
d. Preparing, typing and duplicating materials
e. Assisting in preparation of reports and written correspondence
f. Organizing and maintaining appropriate files
g. Sorting of mail, both incoming and outgoing
h. Assisting in keeping school attendance reports and records
3. May supervise students sent to office for illness or accidents, discipline or personal needs; renders first
aid and dispenses medicine as required.
4. Assists in securing substitute teachers as required.
5. Organizes the collection of information for various school-wide events.
6. Maintains log of students tardy to school and/or class and issues tardy slips.
7. Maintains log of students who are signed out of school making sure only authorized persons are allowed
to sign students out.
8. Provides general secretarial support to administration as directed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the principal or his/her designee.
10. Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
11. Maintains a cooperative working relationship with principal, students, parents, staff and public.
Training and Experience
1. Maintains expertise in assigned area.
2. Participates successfully in professional learning opportunities available to increase skill and proficiency
related to assignment.
3. Participates successfully in computer training to attain and/or maintain skills necessary to achieve
proficiency on performance responsibilities.
1. Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignment.
2. Accepts responsibility for the work assigned.
3. Maintains appropriate appearance and personal hygiene.
4. Accepts constructive criticism.