RESTAURANTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Restaurants Administrative Assistant for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc. Responsible for supporting the Restaurant Operations Manager. The candidate will help assist in hiring, scheduling and editing time sheets. Must be flexible, self-motivated, and embrace a participative approach to successful business operations for Premier Food Services. This is an hourly position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Place ads for employees, following Premier guidelines.
- Process applications for seasonal hires.
- Check references for potential employment, with call backs when appropriate.
- Organize, by department, the servers and assistants needed to be hired for the season.
- Coordinate with Management for scheduling needs.
- Contact staff and verify schedule.
- Make adjustments as needed.
- Prompt response to call offs to ensure proper staffing coverage.
- Prepare time clock edits on ADP eTime.
- Audit sign in sheets against time clock punches to ensure accurate recording.
- Communicate with restaurant managers when employees are not following time-clock protocol.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma; further education a plus.
- Prior Office Clerk experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Courtesy and respect in dealing with all customers, vendors and co-workers
- Professional work ethic and ability to work well with others
- Use appropriate language and grammar in written correspondence
- Use appropriate language and tone of voice in all verbal interactions
- eTime Enterprise Scheduler experience preferred but will train the right candidate
- Must be extremely detail orientated and organized
- Must be able to stay focused and handle a fast paced environment
Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, desktop publishing and/or some knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work and a willingness to work additional hours when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- http://tiny.cc/premierfoodservices
Ellen M. Bauer
Premier Food Services, Inc.
Del Mar Fairgrounds and Racetrack
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd
Del Mar, CA 92014
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled