NHC Place at Cool Springs is currently seeking applicants for its Housekeeper position, for all shifts, both full and part time.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of the patient rooms, patient areas and hallways.
Housekeepers must be able to do the following:
Housekeepers will be expected to be able to:
- Understand Standard English.
- Deal tactfully and effectively with patients, families, fellow employees and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on feet 7-8 hours a day
- Stoop, kneel, bend, and climb, depending on job
- Lift 20 to 25 pounds frequently
- Lift 50 to 75 pounds occasionally
- Move heavy (75 to 100 pound) furniture occasionally
- See, hear and communicate adequately to complete job duties and responsibility
- Work with standard cleaning chemicals
Each Housekeeper is required to perform the following tasks daily:
- Clean patient bathrooms including sinks, toilets, tubs and showers
- Empty garbage cans in patient rooms, patient bathrooms, activity areas and other areas throughout the center
- Clean patient rooms, including mopping and/or buffing floors, dusting furniture both on top and underneath
- Clean hallways, sweeping up debris, mopping, stripping and buffing following company and center policies and procedures
- Clean walls, furniture and equipment, as needed, to provide a clean pleasant environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Work safely, following proper procedures when using chemical agents
- Follow established cleaning schedules
- Relocating patients and belongings during room changes.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
This position is for 7am 3pm on the weekends.