The people at Industrial Scientific are committed to ending death on the job by the year 2050, and we need more help. We hire smart, motivated people, give them world-class tools in a supportive environment, and we let them do their job. Our team is highly engaged, creates quality solutions and delivers outstanding customer service. Our leaders understand the critical elements of breakthrough performance: bringing out the best in people; creating a climate of trust, openness and high performance; fostering candor; and treating people fairly and with dignity.
The Senior Indirect Buyer is responsible for procurement functions directly associated with the needs for maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) materials, services, T&L and indirect spend for ISC globally. This position is the main point of contact between the plants and Fortive Indirect Strategic Sourcing and is expected to support, implement, and execute best practices as defined by Corporate Strategic Indirect Sourcing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Non-Negotiable):
- Performs timely and effective RFQ/RFP preparation and analysis
- Drives tactical and strategic procurement elements, including, but not limited to: PO execution, cost reduction, data mining and analysis
- Creates innovative approaches for utilizing and applying project management tools and techniques for improved procurement practices; takes leadership roles within the department
- Manages all assigned supplier contacts, business relationships and commercial responsibilities with knowledge of business/contract law and corresponding implications
- Facilitates cross-functional collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to achieve the greatest outcomes
- Responds to supplier questions on accounts payables and supports any necessary activity for disposition of invoice resolutions and/or payment issues
- Effectively communicates to internal stakeholders while ensuring procurement policy compliance
- Leads the reporting and management of global cost savings KPIs, projects and initiatives
- Supports Fortive Corporate Indirect Spend initiatives and leads cost savings objectives
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED (Negotiable):
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Business Management
- Five or more years of experience in procurement, indirect purchase strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a multi-site, matrix organization
- Strong skills in organization attention to detail, negotiation, project execution, presentation, and data analysis
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Certifications: CSCP, CPIM, CLTD (APICS), CPSM (ISM)
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Lifting/carry up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 5 to 10 lbs daily. Must be able to use/wear applicable personal protective equipment which may include but is not limited to safety-toed foot wear (with ankle height support), back support belt, hearing protection, and safety eye-wear with side shields. Frequent assent/decent of stairs/steps, especially at field locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, with or without notice.