Medical Center Location - Days - 16hrs
The sitter works under the direct supervision of a nurse and is responsible for the activities that support patient safety by providing supervision and a safe environment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support patients by providing a safe, orderly environment.
2. Assist with meal set-up and feeding. 3. Assist with accuchecks.
4. Assist with vital signs.
5. Assist unit PCA /Nurse with basic ADL`s: a. Bathing b. Dressing c. Mouth care d. Nail, hair, skin care e. Linen change f. Limited foley catheter maintenanceg. Range of motion exercises as prescribed by physician or Physical Therapist
6. Assist with bed and transfer activities: a. Turning in bed b. Positioning c. Ambulation
7. Reports observations, conditions, and problems of patient to the nurse.
8. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
9. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
10. Utilizes Relationship-centered Care principles (partner with the patient/family, greet and introduce self, make eye contact and smile, lis10 and respond with empathy, display appropriate body language at all times, and use a pleasant t1 of voice to enhance patient/customer satisfaction.
11. Participates as a team player.
12. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement.
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 1 year of experience in direct patient care within a hospital, nursing home or home health agency within the last 3 years. Nursing student currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program that has successfully completed at least 1 clinical rotation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED BLS (Basic Life Support) certification from AHA (American Heart Association) required Certified Nursing Assistant certification or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
2. Must be willing and able to work in various nursing units