Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The Customer Support Apps team designs, develops, deploys and supports in-house and third-party contact center applications which helps sales and support users to improve productivity and customer satisfaction. You will play a major role in planning, designing and deployment of new contact center infrastructure across Google’s data centers. You will work with both internal Google teams and external vendors to research, evaluate and implement new solutions.
Google is proud to boast a world class network and products that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. Customer Support Apps, CSA, connects the world’s users of Google’s products and services to support agents when the user needs help and assistance. CSA also connects Google’s sales team agents to potential future customers of our products and services. The Customer Support Apps Voice Network Engineering team is responsible for enhancing and operating the contact center voice network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. Our team also probes, measures, analyzes, and architects solutions for the audio quality of our phone systems. You will help develop and ensure that all changes made to our platforms and products meet a high audio quality standard. Designing and running our audio quality assurance lab will challenge your innovative mind in audio processing, transport, manipulation, and automation.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Architect, design, deploy and roll out enterprise level contact center and voice systems that will be used to interact with advertisers, consumers and enterprises.
- Coordinate new system deployments working with internal and external partner engineering teams.
- Lead monitoring and troubleshooting of Google’s contact center voice systems and toll free numbers.
- Develop and productionize automation of workflows, system and network health monitoring and alerting.
- Develop and deliver presentations to provide internal training on contact center systems. Oversee the creation of new processes and tools to support additional requirements on an ongoing basis.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Unix, Shell or Perl scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience in Google’s Prod development tools and languages. (Python, Go, Java, or C++)
- Knowledge of voice networking infrastructure elements including SIP, RTP, WebRTC, and other audio media transport architectures. Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills on various audio manipulation platforms like Audacity or Pro Tools.
- Experience in vendor management, software and hardware evaluation, selection, deployment and system monitoring tools.
- Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills in various platforms and protocols like TCP/IP and VoIP.
- Experience supporting global voice and data infrastructure deployments involving several IT teams and business units.
- Experience designing, supporting and operating a global voice and data network infrastructure.
- Experience in automating workflows and integrating Google tools with third party systems.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.