Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: Long Term Contract
- 5+ years’ Server Administration experience (Both Windows and Unix) particularly as it applies to remotely supporting Middleware Apps and SSL Configuration, including supporting patching and audits.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a Java Development team in a Multiple Environment setting of at least 50-100 servers.
- 3+ years’ experience performing deployments and administering Java Web/Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic, Coldfusion, Tomcat and/or Wildfly.
- 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting Web Based Applications.
- 3+ years’ experience authoring technically accurate documentation, diagrams and charts for installation and operating procedures, and deployment and configuration instructions.
- Experience with Control-M and Batch Job deployment.
- Networking background with the ability to setup database connections and to understand firewall management.
- Sufficient background with Web-based architectures to understand the relationships between terms like VIPs and Webservers.
- Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
- Proven ability to consult with business end users to identify current/improved operating procedures and to clarify program objectives
- Ability to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts
- Familiarity with Formal Change Management Processes (Federal Governement)
- Proficient experience in using ServiceNow (as the ticketing/tracking/collaboration tool), Remedy, and VersionOne or Jira.
- Windows scripting and PowerShell knowledge is a plus.
- Direct experience supporting multiple concurrent Development teams as well as a customer with compartmented Engineering Teams
- Security and Database Administration background a plus.
- MS Office proficiency, particularly with Excel spreadsheets. Visio experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including customer relationship building and customer service skills to troubleshoot remote users over the phone .
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar computer or engineering field.
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to lead or participate in customer status meetings as scheduled
- Effective teamwork skills to collaborate with or direct the work of others, and judgment to plan/ accomplish goal
- Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks and displaying a wide degree of creativity and latitude in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter, able to establish and work through priorities independently
Direct No: 703 652 4040
InfiCare Technologies 22375 Broderick Drive #225 Dulles VA 20166
IT Services * Application Development * Mobility Solutions
SI Top 100 Companies.…http://www.inficaretech.com/2015Top100.html
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- system administration: 6 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)