Our client, a manufacturing company located in Sherwood, OR, is seeking to add to their shipping and receiving team. They are looking for a qualified, trainable and open minded candidate for this position.
This position performs numerous shipping, receiving, and material handling duties. The activities are performed under minimal supervision in accordance with established procedures and specifications.
The following responsibilities and activities are performed, but not limited to:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Label and package parts for outgoing shipments
- Create pack slips and audit outgoing shipments for accuracy.
- Use UPS and FedEx shipping systems, as well as other freight carriers both domestically and internationally * Receiving / verify counts
- Package/pack parts for outgoing shipments
- Build wooden crates for outgoing shipments
- Some light driving in town to customers/vendors
- Help in other manufacturing areas as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Computer proficiency is required - Ability to Use MS Word and Excel Programs, as well as internal ERP and web based systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and team lead.
- Ability to work in a highly detailed environment where mental focus and accuracy of work output is essential.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with various departments.
EDUCATION AND/OR JOB EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years' experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
JOB CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work performed in factory settings.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment such as noise and dust.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend reach, and move about facilities.
- Must be able to lift light to moderately heavy objects (up to 50 lbs).
Shift and salary:
Temp to hire position
Job Type: Full-time
- Shipping and Receiving: 2 years (Required)