The next big thing in data is you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The person will be responsible for software QA/validation of software tools that support HDD and SSD devices. The person will be responsible for executing manual and automated QA test cases, documenting results and creating/reporting issues to the development team. Candidates are also expected to adhere to Western Digital lab procedures, ESD safety and communicate written and verbal status to teammates. PC and Server setup, configurations administration, and maintenance
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred plus 3+ years technical work experience.
- Windows Operation Systems expertise
- Proficient in various Linux distributions and Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of one or more drive communication interfaces, such as SATA, SAS and NVMe is a definite plus.
- The ability to setup complex computer systems, VMs and a basic understanding of HBAs and drivers.
- Ability to analyze hardware and software system problems to root cause
- Good debug skills
- Python, Pearl and Linux shell scripting required
- Documenting test results and attention to details is a must
- The candidate must also be familiar or willing to learn how to work with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes and bus analyzers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.