POPSUGAR Studios, the video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is looking for an Operations Coordinator.
POPSUGAR Studios is the #1 producer of original online video lifestyle content, with over 135 million monthly views of its original series and nearly 4 billion views overall. Our videos are mobile-first and platform-first; we have been quick to innovate and optimize videos for platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, in addition to creating content for TV. Whether it's shows that make viewers laugh, style leaders who inspire them to look their best, or lifestyle experts who help them lead a happier, healthier life — we partner with brands to produce meaningful and entertaining content that we know our audience will love and share by the millions.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Be an ambassador for POPSUGAR while making the company a healthy, fun and beautiful place to work
- Welcome all new LA hires and be the central contact to coordinate successful onboarding and orientation for new hires
- Assist HR in on/off boarding pertaining to space planning, office tours, changes to distribution lists, etc.
- Solicit input from office leadership to plan office events that embrace the culture of the office
- Coordination of site services such as food service, office supplies and various vendors
- Own every aspect of the building including managing vendors and interfacing with property management and janitorial staff
- Maintain processes for monitoring equipment, maintenance of the entire space, furniture inventory, visitor support and maintain/update guest seating, etc.
- Processes includes signage, parking, company contact information and other peripheral areas
- Coordinate building security and employee badging system
- Coordinate valet service and off-site parking lot
- Plan and budget management of facilities’ expenses (food, supplies, facility space upgrades, etc.)
- Coordinate travel arrangements for new hires, guests, or clients
- Assist with the setup and execution of company culture functions such as all hands meetings, company events, happy hours, company off-sites, meals and other events as needed
- Comply with all safety, fire and any other applicable codes or regulations
- Provide workplace ergonomics assistance and support
- Partner with IT, Finance and Accounting on site specific activities
- Support visiting executives as needed
- Assist special projects as required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior office / facilities / operations experience preferred
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Email, Calendar, Hangouts) are preferred , as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ChromeBox · Solution oriented, self-starter with a strong sense of customer service
- Excellent time management and ability to shuffle priorities on the fly
- Unfailing positive attitude, high energy and hard-working spirit
- Knowledge of costs and standards regarding environmental, safety, fire and building code standards
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing to the leadership team
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and respond in a timely manner
- An eye for interior design and aesthetics
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisherPOPSUGAR ( http://www.popsugar.com/ ), digital shopping platformShopStyle ( http://www.shopstyle.com/ ), and monthly subscription boxPOPSUGAR Must Have ( https://musthave.popsugar.com/ ). Together, the brands attract 100 million monthly visitors worldwide, with each brand being a leader in its space. POPSUGAR is the No. 1 lifestyle brand for young women, delivering inspiring, informative and entertaining multi-platform content across subjects including entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, news, and parenting.
POPSUGAR Inc. operates internationally in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, China, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). Follow us on Twitter at @POPSUGARInc and for more information about the company, visitcorp.popsugar.com ( http://corp.popsugar.com/ ).
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.