Come join our Amazing team at Hackensack Meridian Health, we offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of activities including but not limited to: initiating patient intakes; scheduling appointments; performing insurance screening and verification/authorization processes; patient registration; handling a high volume of customer calls/inquiries; entering patient charges; responding to medical records requests and billing inquiries; preparing reports; maintenance of department records.
- Communicates all pertinent information to patient/customer at initial and subsequent contacts.
Answers incoming department calls within three rings. Fields department call volume: asks appropriate questions to screen calls, relays accurate information to caller, takes appropriate action.
- Monitors voicemail and initiates appropriate follow-up. Relays messages to staff per department guidelines.
- Obtain and document all pertinent information for scheduling intake to facilitate effective insurance verification, scheduling and registration processes.
- Verifies insurance on all new referrals and screens appropriately for department specific needs.
- Documents all interactions with insurance representatives, patients/customers and interested parties.
- Pursues, researches and relays any discrepancies to insurance company representatives, patients and appropriate supervisors.
- Compiles statistical information as needed per department needs. Prints daily scheduling reports. Forwards reports to referral sources documenting accurate information.
- Follows department procedures for initiating required authorizations for services and verifying receipt of authorizations.
- Pre-registers patients per department guidelines. Obtains insurance cards, prescriptions, insurance referrals along with other required registration forms.
- Updates, revises and enters all information in registration system. Obtains patient signatures on all registration paperwork.
- Informs patient of co-payment/payment responsibilities and collects payment.
Compiles new patient chart including department forms.
- Schedules, re-schedules, coordinates and prioritizes scheduling of multiple service needs. Updates schedules per department guidelines.
Advises patient/customer of department guidelines related to scheduling, registration, cancellations and late arrivals.
- Completes all scheduling processes prior to patient's first visit and assures that all involved parties have necessary information.
Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience in a physician practice, hospital setting or directly related customer service setting.
- Good organizational skills; ability to set priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills; and ability to accept direction and perform multiple tasks.