Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe-from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
RF Range Technician III
What You’ll Do:
- Production responsibilities include:
- Configure the Range for RF operation.
- Utilize overhead cranes to move heavy / large tooling and equipment.
- Install and assemble defined Range test tooling.
- Set-up and calibrate the Range for test execution per documented procedure, specification or standard.
- Install and connect antennas to be tested.
- Execute RF tests per documented procedure.
- Process and plot required Range data files as defined.
- Sign-off on test operations certifying that tests have been conducted as specified in the product acceptance test procedure.
- Utilize paper or electronic formats to maintain required process logs, records and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulation.
- Use internal electronic scheduling system to tear-down and set-up for the next scheduled test.
- Initiate emergency procedures in case of power failure; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Initiate and sustain process improvement activities to increase process efficiency and reduce risks to hardware or data quality.
- Execute equipment and system maintenance activities.
- Support prototype / development RF testing. Responsibilities include:
- Set-up of Range and execution of special tests with minimal engineering oversight, direction or documentation.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce and record data; and perform mathematical calculations.
- Will also be expected to support the Range in a more operational role, including performance of preventive maintenance and some Range maintenance tasks.
- May be required to read / document schematic diagrams.
- Troubleshoot circuits to the component level.
- Assemble electronic circuits and perform cause and affect analysis.
What You’ll Need:
- Work as a team member with other Range technicians, as well as Range, Manufacturing and Test engineering.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. occasionally. Perform other duties as necessary.
- Ability to use and climb ladders, use powered aerial lift equipment, and wear fall protection equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to perform shift and weekend work as required.
- A current security clearance is required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products and feel completely comfortable with computer systems and various software applications.
- Electro-mechanical background is a plus.
Monetary incentives may be available for candidates with an active DoD Secret clearance and a commitment to work 2nd or 3rd shift for a minimum of 12 months. More information and eligibility requirements may be provided if selected for an interview.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Standard Plus - $2,000 Referral Fee