The Metropolitan Club is a prestigious, private business Club serving the regional community in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area. The Clubs Vision is to facilitate the unification and wellbeing of our region, through the personal interaction of our business and community leaders.
The Metropolitan Club is looking for an exceptional Director of Catering Sales, with a proven track record of Driving Revenue, Controlling Cost and Member Satisfaction. A professional committed to providing outstanding services to our Members through attention to detail, with integrity, pride and intensity. The Metropolitan Club embraces the management values that include a "Whatever It Takes" attitude delivering the highest standards to our Members. So, if you have been described as "Dynamic", "Passionate about your work", "Goal Oriented", then we would like to learn more about you.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & POSITION PURPOSE
Responsible for all day-to-day catering services. Develop contracts for and oversee all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and selling events and catered parties. Work with all other Club staff to assure that the Members’ and Guests’ expectations are exceeded, and the highest quality food and service are delivered.
- Promotes, advertises and markets the club’s social event facilities and capabilities to all members, potential members & clients.
- Develop lead generation, marketing plans and actively prospects for return and new business to work toward meeting or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Helps members, potential members & clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for planning.
- Works with the Executive Chef to determine selling prices, menus and other details for catered events; oversees the development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect general member interests.
- Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event planning with production, serving and housekeeping staff; arranges for printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment and other special requests, etc.
- Inspects finished arrangements; may be present to oversee the actual greeting and serving of guests.
- Checks function sheets against actual room setup; coordinates personnel scheduling with Assist. Club Manager for special functions and may help supervise service personnel.
- Responsible for hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when necessary.
- Manages service opportunities.
- Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or visits to assess ongoing needs of prospective clients for catering services.
- Responsible for completion of in-house banquet event orders (BEOs).
- Helps develop catering budgets; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Maintains the Catering Pace Projection report
- May potentially represent members’ needs and interests on applicable club committees.
- Obtains necessary permits for special events and functions.
- Critiques functions to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes for increased quality.
- Attends staff and management meetings to review policies and procedures, future business and to continually develop quality and image of banquet functions.
- Ensures the security of club’s members and guests’ valuables during catered events.
- Assumes responsibility of manager-on-duty when necessary.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping and energy conservation procedures are always followed.
- Ability to dedicate full-time effort to position by working all necessary shifts (days, nights, weekends, etc.) to get the job done.
- Accurately manage cancellations or changes in private event orders and communicate those changes effectively and timely with appropriate internal and external partners.
- Plans professional development and training activities for subordinate staff (Catering Sales Coordinator) and self.
- Diagrams room layout, banquet item placement and related function details.
- Meets with other department managers to plan food and beverage aspects of special events organized by the staff members.
- Manages banquet billing and arranges prompt payment for all events.
- Updates weekly function information for all affected staff.
- Serves as liaison between member/clients and other Club Staff.
- Maintains club’s master calendar of events.
- Daily chit/BEO reconciliation for prior day events
High School diploma required, College Degree preferred or commensurate experience
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Catering sales experience in the corporate and social market
- Work closely with accounts, fostering a mutually beneficial relationship
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies in concert with the Club's catering goals
- Actively solicit, negotiate, and secure new business to achieve revenue plan
- Possess strong leadership skills, strong oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, planning and organizational ability
- Must possess a demonstrated passion to exceed
- Local market experience is highly desirable
- Execute reporting in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly revenue maximization meetings
- Private business club experience a plus