Industry City is a six-million square-foot, 16 building redevelopment located in Brooklyn, New York. The complex is
undergoing an ambitious multi-phase repositioning to transform historic industrial buildings into an urban campus
comprised of 500+ businesses spanning tech, media, design, manufacturing and more. AECOM, Motivate, Conde
Nast, Buck Media, ?WhatIF!, and West Elm are some of the companies that make up the dynamic innovation
ecosystem at Industry City. The property also hosts the corporate headquarters of The Brooklyn Nets and the
team’s state of the art practice facility. The ground floors at Industry City are home to 35+ bars and eateries
including a 40,000 square-foot food hall, James Beard award-winning Sahadi’s, and the recently opened Japan
Village. As Brooklyn’s Design District Industry City is also home to retailers including abc carpet + home, Design
Within Reach, Mitchel Gold & Bob Williams, and RH Outlet.
The Creative Workshops at Industry City offer flexible studio spaces for creators and makers to take the next step
in establishing their developing business. The Creative Workshop Summer Intern will assist the Industry City
Creative Workshop Leasing team in the successful and timely execution of leasing transactions, marketing
initiatives, pitch meetings and all other tasks related to the leasing effort.
- Daily reviews of Creative Workshop floors
- Updating and maintaining the electronic tenant directory
- Interacting with new tenants and constructing tenant bios
- Assist in the canvassing of local market and internet for similar Creative Workshop space
- Assist with lease transactions including tracking and supporting the advancement of deal negotiations from
LOI through lease execution, and assisting the transition from deal closing to tenant coordination
- Track and reporting on market rents and changes in the competitive landscape
- Provide general leasing support to the Creative Workshop Leasing team.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate and an interest in pursuing a career in commercial leasing, sales, or
- Excellent communicator, written and oral.
- Strong computer skills including web-based applications such as Google Apps
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Comfortable working with a team or individually
- Self-motivated, disciplined, driven
- Professional demeanor and eagerness to learn