WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
The Philadelphia, PA Staff Legal Office of The Hartford is seeking an experienced full-time litigation paralegal to support attorneys defending PA Workers’ Compensation matters across the Commonwealth.
This is a technology-intensive environment handling all aspects of PA Workers’ Compensation (PA WC) litigation for five (5) attorneys who handle PA WC cases in all parts of the Commonwealth. The individual in this fast paced environment will be required to:
- Prepare drafts of Petitions, Answers, Motions, Exhibits and Requests and upload to/download from WCAIS (the Workers’ Compensation Automation and Integration System);
- Maintain and update litigation-related calendars for 5-attorney PA WC Team and work with Team to resolve scheduling conflicts;
- Prepare draft version of comprehensive resolution documents, including Compromise and Release Agreements, Act 109 Child Support documents, Social Security proration provision and MSA-related documentation;
- Demonstrate proficiency in procurement and summarization of medical, legal, investigative and employment records;
- Prepare Records Subpoenas and drafts Deposition Affidavits;
- Prepare drafts of Proposed Findings of Fact, Conclusion of Law and supporting legal memoranda;
- Prepare drafts of Mediation Memoranda;
- Identify files suitable for closure and assist Team in timely closing appropriate files;
- Independently conduct legal research;
- Assist with all other aspects of Hearing/Deposition preparation and appellate practice;
- Check citations for accuracy, history and procedural posture;
- Prepare documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PDF and PowerPoint;
- Independently communicate with, and draft correspondence to, clients, investigators, claims personnel, court personnel, adverse and co-defense counsel, pro se litigants and others;
- Analyze and organize information, material, documents and exhibits;
- Manipulate electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats; and,
- Provide other assistance to staff counsel attorneys on cases and matters as requested.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years PA WC paralegal experience. (Tort experience is a plus);
- Paralegal Certificate;
- Notary Public is a plus;
- Expert skills in all aspects of MS Office Suite;
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in a high tech, paperless environment using a multi-faceted case management system.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is full time in our Philadelphia, PA Staff Law Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
: P&C Claim Legal Support
: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
: Individual Contributor
: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
: Day Job
: Jul 24, 2018, 11:34:28 AM
Remote Worker Option :