/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Benefits Department consistent with vendor contracts to ensure both regulatory and plan compliance. This position does not have decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:A teammate in this position must:
- Assist with administration of COBRA to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assemble packages and distribute various communications to plan participants (COBRA Notices, Election Forms, Term Letters, Enrollment Guides, SPD's, SMM's, etc.).
- Work with 3rd party vendors to order additional cards, provide emergency updates or resolve teammate questions.
- Answer teammate questions and assist them in the enrollment process, process of benefit enrollments and changes, qualifying events, life insurance beneficiaries, child support orders, evidence of insurability forms, death claims, student status verification, COBRA, 401(k) retirement plan, open enrollment, etc.
- Administer and interpret benefits programs including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement.
- Perform other projects and research to support the Benefits Department.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have Excel and Word knowledge required.
- Have PowerPoint knowledge desired.
- Have PeopleSoft experience desired.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.