- Private practice Fellowship in Rheumatology based in Sydney.
- Package circa $130,000 per annum with opportunity for additional bonus earnings.
- Commencing early 2020; 12 months fixed term contract.
BJC Health started as the Bone & Joint Clinic in 2002. It has evolved to be Australia’s most comprehensive multidisciplinary rheumatology practice in the community with around 50 staff over 2 sites, including 9 rheumatologists. We have an electronic database of more than 50000 patients, helping more than 4000 new people each year. Our team believes and works to achieve our vision, to change the lives of people with rheumatic disease, to help them live and feel better.
About this Opportunity
We are looking for a dynamic rheumatologist who has completed 3 years of accredited rheumatology training in Australia.
We wish to provide you with a unique professional experience designed to grow you in the Specialty. You will be exposed to our leading private practice:
- Nine rheumatologists at various stages of their careers, with both private practice, public hospital & academic experience.
- The only comprehensive, multidisciplinary rheumatology centre in Australia. Our clinics have physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, dietitians, rheumatology educators, a hand physiotherapist, a podiatry service, bone densitometry and rheumatology group exercise classes.
- With access to rheumatology ultrasound services.
And perhaps most importantly,
- Our practice has an emphasis on a great workplace culture.
Within this outstanding clinical environment, we will provide ample opportunity for educational activities designed for your professional development, including:
To be considered for this Fellowship you must:
- Two (2) weeks paid leave for conference attendance / professional development.
- Quarterly clinical dinner meetings combining BJC Health & Rheumatology Specialist Care.
- One-on-one case review sessions.
- Sessions to learn from allied health professionals including biomechanical & movement assessment.
- Sessions to learn business management, accounting structures, HR, IT & practice set-up.
- Electronic Health record education and access to digital technologies for the purposes of patient education & engagement and practice building.
- Mentorship available from senior rheumatologists.
- Involvement in GP education as well as a variety of educational workshops & preceptorships.
- One-on-one assessments with performance feedback, goal identification and leadership training.
1. Have a Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS or equivalent), and be registered with the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Be a Fellow with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, with recognition as a specialist by the Medical Board of Australia & be able to access Medicare for billing.
3. Have excellent communication skills, a patient-centred mindset, and a wish to work as part of a team.
4. Be open, transparent and coachable with a strong desire to learn and contribute.
5. Be a person who strives to do everything a little bit better each time, aiming to be memorable & to surpass expectations.
How to Apply
Please contact Dr Irwin Lim via email; email@example.com
Dr Lim will provide you with a Fellowship Programme Application Form. The Application Form will provide further detail on clinical load expectations, work hours and remuneration. The Application Form will also ask you to share with us, why this opportunity is of interest to you. We wish to understand your “Why” in respect to your career and contribution to the profession and community. We will also ask you to identify the professional development outcomes you seek; including how you’d intend to make use of the two weeks conference leave provided.
We look forward to hearing from you.
BJC Health Private Practice Fellowship Applications Close 31 October 2019.