ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SVP Sewing Brands is the world’s largest consumer sewing machine company, accounting for approximately one out of every three sewing machines sold annually across the globe. The company was founded in 1851, and its three iconic brands - SINGER®, HUSQVARNA VIKING® and PFAFF® - each have delighted consumers for over 140 years. The Singer brand is the industry’s most recognized and ranks #1 in the industry in brand awareness, likelihood to purchase and overall quality, according to a recent Gallup survey. The Husqvarna Viking® and Pfaff® brands have a premium positioning that are regarded as the brands of choice for serious sewers and crafters.
The company’s corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, TN and is supplemented by regional headquarters/sales offices located in Milan (Italy), São Paulo (Brazil), and Sydney (Australia) that, combined, reach consumers in more than 180 countries. SVP has four manufacturing facilities across Asia and Latin America, two global R&D centers, a software development center in Europe and a global supply chain with distribution centers in all regions.
SVP has a history of innovation and has established a leading offering in the Internet-of-Things (IoT) segment by introducing mySewnet®, the industry’s first cloud-based operating system, and the Premier+ suite of software. Its product portfolio covers entry level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading edge household sewing machines that retail for $16,999 and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories, notions, garment care products as well as software.
The products are sold across a network of sewing machine dealers, mass retailers (e.g., Costco, Walmart, Lidl, MediaMarkt, Carrefour), specialty retailers (e.g., Joann, Michaels), online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Tmall), distributors, and through the company’s ~200 internally-operated retail stores.
The sewing machine industry is a global industry that is experiencing renewed growth. In developed markets, growth rates are projected to outpace GDP growth, according to Global Industry Analysts, Inc., the leading industry data source. Growth in these markets is driven by the Millennial generation that is increasingly attracted to personalization, crafts and self-expression (e.g., cosplay). In developing markets, the industry is expected to grow at 6.7% annually, fueled by the emerging middle class and the “need to sew” segment that uses sewing machines to support the household.
In 2018, SVP was acquired by Ares Management (www.aresmgmt.com), a leading asset manager with $125B+ assets under management. The new owner has made substantial investments to strengthen the balance sheet and set the company up for growth. Leveraging its brands, innovative products, motivated employees, global footprint, and the financial strength of the new owner, SVP is looking compete more aggressively in the marketplace, accelerate growth, and attract talented team members.
The Junior Project Manager will manage multiple smaller projects and communicate status to leadership. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Tracking Project Deliverables:
- Manage multiple smaller projects across all lines of the business.
- Work with marketing and international sales team to define scope of the projects.
- Learn customer specific deliverables for each project.
- Work as the communication hub for Product Development, Procurement, Engineering, Project Management, and supply base to successfully complete projects on a timely bases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Certifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in Project Management or other functional role within a product development team.
- Demonstrated experience of managing complex amount of data.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel. Prefer experience with Google Sheets.
- Worked in a cross functional environment.
- Prior Experience working in an international role a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum Associates degree, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Detail orientated.
- Successful candidate will be proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid decision-making skills and ability to work in a nimble environment.
- Works well in a cross-functionally collaborative environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.