The Infection Preventionist is a healthcare professional, whose responsibility is to identify hospital acquired infection risks and prevent and control infections among patients and personnel by surveillance, review of information, reporting, education and implementing control measures. In addition, the Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Employee Health can serve as a liaison among hospital department managers and with staff, physicians and community health authorities. He/She is responsible for the evaluation of the Infection Control Program and making necessary recommendations to reach the established goals. The Supervisor of Infection Prevention and Employee Health reports to the CEO/CNO and collaborates with the Infection Control Committee Chairman. He/she may handle human blood and other potentially infectious or hazardous material, which may result in possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and/or harmful elements.
- Required License/ Certification: Current CA Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse License is preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Three (3) years experience as an Infection Preventionist is required.
- Knowledgeable in epidemiologic principles, infectious diseases, sterilization, sanitation and disinfection as well as adult education principles, practices and/or patient care practices.
- Must have full command (written and verbal) of the English language. The physical ability and perceptive acuity, e.g., visual, hearing, to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage is provided for all full time and part time employees*
- Medical is 100% employer paid including dependents*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO plan*
- Pet Insurance Discount Program*
- Employee Discount Program*
- Per diem staff ineligible