The AWS Cloud Architect drives high priority customer initiatives on AWS with customers. The individual is highly technical, customer facing, and accountable for end-to-end customer cloud deployments. The individual will own technical customer engagement including: some project management, architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and lead deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into AWS and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for customers migrating complex workloads to the cloud
- Ability to use cloud native monitoring tools for application level insights and monitoring on AWS
- Responsible for the Architecture and Design of Multi-Cloud solutions with an AWS emphasis.
- Will with work with the Delivery Manager, Software Architects, Software Developers, and ALM Engineers to design the Cloud Architecture for a large distributed solution.
- Will ensure Application Architecture is appropriate for the Cloud and become the trusted advisor of the software development team.
- Will ensure that Cloud Architecture allows for the DevOps philosophy to be embraced. You will ensure designs allow for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and delivery of software, continuous integration/deployment, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
- Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and platform advisor for PaaS initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Should have experience of monitoring services in a federated cloud environment
Qualifications: Technical: Must Have Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- AWS SolutionsArchitectC
- Minimum 10+ experience in enterprise architecture, analysis, design, and development.
- 3+ years deploying public or cloud frameworks; deep understanding of existing cloud technologies (specifically AWS) and experience with integrated public cloud services
- AWS design patterns for global / multi-region architectures
- AWS IoT, AWS Data Pipeline, Kinesis streams, Fireshose, Lambda, Redshift, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB integration patterns.
- Knowledge of enabling resources on EC2, handling big data processing using EMR.
- Knowledge of using data processing AWSGlue and querying mechanism using AWS Athena and Redshift Spectrum.
- Working on advanced analytics using AWS ML, SageMaker, Comprehend, Lex, Poly and Rekognition will be advantage.
- AWS IAM, Cognito and Amazon Macie required for security implementation.
- Knowledge of working on VPC, Cloudfront and Route 53, AWS API Management, Security, Cloud-to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private)
- AWS CloudFormation template, DevOPs deployments, Insights and Diagnostics.
- Deploying application using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Knowledge of using log management services like AWS CloudWatch.
- Knowledge of developer tools like CodeStar, CodeCommit etc.
- Hands on development and configuration experience with nodejs, Java and python will be plus.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools. Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools.
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus.Familiarity with MicroServices architecture, working experience a plus.
Non-Technical: Must have:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals. Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills. Ability to work individually and effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. Have a professional sense of ownership and accountability in conjunction with strong technical leadership skills Influencing , driving and utilizing team-work to achieve results
Nice to have:
Familiarity with project management and systems development life cycle processes, tools, concepts and methodologies is plus.
Job Type: Full-time