Computer World Services Corp (CWS) provides comprehensive Mission Critical and Enterprise Information Technology services and support to the Federal Government. CWS strives to promote a work environment where our professionals feel empowered, engaged, and part of a family. Our corporate culture embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. CWS seeks motivated, client-focused individuals to join our growing organization.
The Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Office of Consular and Management Liaison (INR/CML) requires a Data Base Administrator to support ongoing operations of the CML Information Management System (CIMS); assist with new functionality definition, development, and implementation; and provide maintenance and administration of a SQL Database system which is deployed on a .NET Framework. CIMS supports INR/CML administrative operations and is hosted on JWICS. The SME shall possess extensive knowledge of SQL/Server. The SME will have experience with database storage structures, database objects, ad hoc report generation, T-SQL queries, and database tuning. The SME will have experience protecting and securing sensitive data. The SME will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the SQL/Server database.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating and managing database user accounts.
- Providing front-end support to end-users of the system and resolving issues as they occur.
- Monitoring the state of the system and taking preventive or corrective actions as required and working with the technical team when necessary.
- Providing insight to management and other technical team members about the state of the system.
- Diagnosing and reporting critical errors to management and other technical team members.
- Creating, customizing and delivering bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly customer reports.
- Creating customized ad hoc reports to support customers, management, and partners.
- Interfacing with the customer, performing feasibility analyses and documenting all new database and application requirements, and system changes or fixes to existing database components.
- Assisting developers with the definition, scoping, implementation, and testing of new functionalities to meet evolving requirements.
- Assisting end-users processing or using partner components or other government agencies’ data exchanges and interfaces as necessary.
- Demonstrating new database and application functions and training end-users on the use of new functions as they are added to the database.
- Assisting end-users with document output format conversions.
- Providing first level, in-person technical support by analyzing and troubleshooting various software and hardware issues.
- Providing guidance to analysts on effective ways to leverage technology and perform specific tasks more efficiently.
- Facilitating meetings with the analysts and management to identify, discuss and gather information about new functional and business requirements.
- Assist the customer in identifying and resolving various and unusual issues directly related to their daily tasks and work flow processes.
- Assist the customer and management team in discussions with partner components and other government agencies regarding the use, access, and protection of the data, reports, and database.
- Identify the impacts of partner component and other government agency requests for change with respect to interfaces, data, or reports. Assist in providing the scope of those impacts and providing possible alternative approaches to address or mitigate the impacts. Assist in providing work estimates for any requested implementations.
Required Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (SQL Server 2012)
Extensive experience with user interface development
Extensive experience with maintaining and updating SQL Server databases
Extensive experience with SQL Server 2012, to include SSRS and SSIS
Expert experience with tuning and optimizing T-SQL queries and database
Expert experience with DISA STIG’s guidelines.
Must be able to multi-task and work with multiple end-users simultaneously
Some experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence
Extensive experience with the customer’s specific business area, problem set, and legacy systems