This is a position that starts part time and is expected to grow to full time within 6 months of hire or less. We would like to have honest conversation with aspiring individuals who are capable of taking a little more onto their plate and willing to grow into a solidified position. This individual will be experienced in a variety of areas related to the job, but we will invest in training and polishing the edges of the correct person.
Company provided cell phone
Full timers receive paid vacation and holidays & up to 3% IRA Match
Assistant Property Manager who will assist Regional Property Manager with many or all of the following tasks as they relate to the management, maintenance, and repair of residential apartment homes:
1. Hire, manage, and evaluate site personnel and/or off-site management staff or contracted management firms, directly or through others.
2. Identify staffing requirements and develop, or approve, job descriptions and/or develop and monitor, or approve, human resource policies, training and development plans, and diversity outreach initiatives.
3. Identify, implement, and monitor, or approve, sustainable practices; including but not limited to energy use/conservation programs for the property.
4. Determine which items or services are to be purchased for the property, prepare specifications, solicit and evaluate bids for contract services, negotiate or approve contracts, and monitor contracts.
5. Oversee operation of building systems, supervise employees or monitor contractors who perform routine maintenance and repair work, and/or oversee planning and construction of tenant improvements and interior design.
6. Design, implement, and monitor or approve, routine and preventive maintenance programs for the property.
7. Establish or maintain and enforce the property's operating policies and procedures and occupancy/usage guidelines.
8. Establish, maintain, and monitor adherence to, or approve, the property's record keeping system.
9. Identify, analyze, and implement, or approve, capital improvement or replacement programs, including but not limited to maintenance or remodeling programs, resident/tenant improvements, and amenity enhancements.
10. Perform regular property inspections and take appropriate action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
11. Design and implement, or approve, resident/tenant retention, orientation, and property familiarization programs.
12. Communicate routinely with occupants of the property concerning level of service and other management matters and/or investigate and resolve resident/tenant complaints.
13. Administer the leasing and lease renewal process and/or negotiate or approve leases, including assessing the financial impact of the lease.
14. Prepare, market, and show leasable space.
15. Develop, implement, and monitor, a marketing plan and/or leasing plan for the property.
16. Analyze market conditions and recommend or approve the property's rental rates.
17. Design, implement, or approve life-safety and emergency preparedness programs for the property.
18. Develop, implement, or approve a risk management program for the property to mitigate the property’s insurable risk and/or identify the property's insurable risks and recommend, secure and monitor insurance coverages.
19. Recommend and/or initiate legal actions for violations of leases, contracts or governing documents, including but not limited to evictions and filing of liens.
20. Ensure the property's compliance with government and environmental regulations.
21. Process, and/or monitor, or approve property payables.
22. Supervise property collections, including the handling of property receipts, journal entries, records of account, bank deposits, and delinquent accounts.
23. Prepare, present, and implement annual property budgets, including capital expenditure budgets, or review, authorize, and monitor such budgets prepared by others.
24. Prepare, analyze, and/or approve the property's financial and operating statements and variance reports.
25. Approve major deviations from the budget, exclusive of emergencies.
26. Identify and analyze the property's financial requirements and financing options, and/or replacement reserve requirements, and recommend funding sources to the owner.
27. Estimate and monitor the market value of the property and assess the implications that estimates of value have on the owner; determine the reasonableness of assessed value.
28. Identify, analyze alternate uses of the property and implement or approve a plan to change the property's use (e.g., converting a residential building to commercial use).
29. Identify, analyze, and propose property improvements relative to the future value and return on investment.
30. Establish or maintain management controls and analyze the property's performance.
31. Determine the goals and objectives of the property owner.
32. Evaluate real estate tax assessments and recommend an appeal strategy to the owner when appropriate.
33. Prepare a management plan for the property.
34. Identify and recommend, or approve other sources of income for the property and implement programs accordingly.
35. Acquire new clients, and/or establish and maintain client relationship(s).
36. Fulfill the company’s contractual obligations; including, recommending, implementing, and managing modifications for management contracts and/or governing documents.
Job Type: Part-time