The Project Manager for Workforce Development is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of projects to build academic programs to meet workforce development needs. The Project Manager ensures that the projects remain aligned with the strategy and goals of the University, and that the project is accomplished within a specified deadline and budget.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates with other stakeholders, specifically the two other staff members focused exclusively on workforce development and continuing education, to plan and implement projects
- Helps to define project scope, goals, tasks, and deliverables as well as assembling required resources to successfully complete projects
- Manage the project budget, ensuring that the University exercises exceptional stewardship of resources
- Create and monitor project schedule and timeline
- Support and direct the team assembled to bring the project to completion and assume lead responsibility for quality control on projects
- Prepare periodic updates and progress reports at scheduled intervals and upon request
- Manage changes to project when circumstances require alteration
- Collaborates with subject matter experts on updates, revisions, and maintenance
- Evaluate project success upon completion, including the diagnosis of opportunities for future improvement
- Lead in obtaining appropriate resources, including screening and coordinating interviews and hiring procedures for content-area experts outside of the University
- Assist in scheduling logistics and communication schedules to ensure that project stakeholders remain informed of the project status and contribute feedback at appropriate intervals
- Coordinates multiple projects while producing high quality work under tight deadlines
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, instructional design, instructional technology, or other related field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience with project management
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Public Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong technical skills, particularly in appropriate project management software
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others to accomplish complex tasks
- Excellent decision making skills
- Able to tolerate stress, change, and the pressure associated with complex projects and deadlines
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time