Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry! Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Let us be Your Road to Success
We are seeking a dedicated Customer Service Representative
who wants to be part of a company that makes a difference in patients' lives. As a key member of the Customer Service Team, you provide customer service second to none while assuring the front end paperwork is compliant and is submitted with zero errors. You serve our customers by communicating with patients, referral sources and co-workers to effectively perform all tasks related to patient care and third party reimbursement.
Why work for Rotech?
If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: "The Rotech Difference."
What's the Rotech Difference?
It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
Job Knowledge and Execution (Essential Duties)
- Assemblies charts and processes paperwork, including preparation of files for the Billing Department and completes batch reports for UPS deliveries
- Assists with updating respiratory grid
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Builds relationships with locations, patients and referral sources
- Clears previous day's route and checks all paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Collects co-pays and deductible amounts.
- Conducts insurance verification and eligibility for services/products
- Conducts patient satisfaction calls and acts as patient advocate to resolve questions or concerns
- Coordinates, collects and inputs all patient information and new patient set-ups
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations, products and services offered by the company, and FDA/DOT, JCAHO and all applicable governmental guidelines and regulations
- Maintains referral log
- Manages all aspects of intake; data entry, answering the phone, outbound calling, receiving faxes, maintaining referral source information and log and data input into IMBS
- Monitors office supplies
- Prepares and completes CMNs/SOPs for Sales Reps and documents on tracking log
- Prepares deposit for location on a weekly basis
- Prepares tickets for daily routes and coordinates timely fulfillment of products and services ordered.
- Provides education to referral sources, patients and employees on qualifications for service and 3rd party billing
- Provides service for walk-in patients and walk-in equipment requests
- Provides technical assistance to customers as required
- Verifies Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance coverage information
- Works extensively with e-Intake proprietary system; maintains accuracy and quality control throughout initial patient contact and data input
- Works with sales reps to make referral sources' lives easier
- Works with PSTs to coordinate deliveries
- Communicates with patients and referral sources both verbally and in writing to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Effectively communicates with location employees
- Builds relationships with patients and referral sources
- Adheres to the guidelines established on the \u2018Rotech Way'
- Maintains a positive and constructive attitude
- Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Clinical Programs
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management preferred
- Strong customer service background
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing practices and billing reimbursement
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Valid driver's license with a clean record in the state in which you reside (where applicable)
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation
- Ability to work and think independently within a team
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers
- Flexible approach
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
Physical Demands (where applicable):
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full & empty cylinders
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens
- Requires driving a company vehicle for the majority of the workday
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
- Must possess working knowledge of fax machine, copier, printer, and PC
- Internet proficiency
- Knowledge of email management tools
- Excel and Word proficiency
- Interacts daily with Location Manager, Sales Representative, Respiratory Therapist, Patient Service Technicians, as well as Area Manager of Operations
Make the right move, apply today & create your job profile!
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Path and Management opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral program
- Employee Recognition program
- Employee Service Program
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
CAREERS PORTAL JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK FACEBOOK LINKEDIN TWITTER
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.