About Veritas Collaborative
Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
- The primary role of the Clinical Intake Coordinator is to increase access to care
to patients and families seeking eating disorders treatment through providing
an initial assessment and referral for appropriate level of care, along with
other resources as appropriate.
- Utilize best practice communication and patient interviewing skills to engage with inquirers, assess patient’s appropriateness for care, and navigate resistance or other
- Obtain crucial patient and family history, medical and clinical information to ensure
qualification for treatment
- Responsible for completing level of care assessment, gathering medical, clinical and other records as appropriate in a timely manner for all qualified inquiries.
- Obtains and effectively organizes crucial patient and family history, medical and
clinical information. Collects, summarizes, and disseminates incoming documentation (medical, clinical,financial, administrative) received via telephone, fax, email to appropriate
party, and follows up as necessary.
- Provide detailed case presentation and level of care recommendations, utilizing Veritas Collaborative’s LOC Protocol, to hospital and center medical and clinical
- Clearly communicate team recommendations and next steps to patients, families, referral source and other treatment team members.
- Provide a positive environment to engage patient and/or family in assessing care.
- Effectively manage and route calls received. Provide excellent customer service and triage based on location and level of care requested.
- As a member of Intake’s National Response team, work flexible hours as assigned including evenings and weekends to support extended intake team availability
- Utilize in-person opportunities, telephone and WebEx platforms to connect with and
obtain information from patients and families.
- Provides excellent customer service and cultivation of quality relations with referral
- Timely Salesforce input for all inquiries received, including on-going clear and
accurate documentation throughout the intake and assessment process.
- Complies with internal Care Collaboration Protocol.
- Clear and frequent communication with Intake Manager, Chief Growth Officer and Team Leads regarding admissions flow and status of current patient pipeline.
- Provides professional-level assessment to determine DSM-5 diagnosis.
- Provides psychoeducation and resources for parents and families on the dangers of eating
disorders and appropriate treatment.
- Comfortable responding in crisis and able to assess and refer patients for emergency
services as necessary.
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned. This may include clinical, intake, daily
huddles, staff meetings, trainings and in-services.
- Works with Intake and Admissions Manager to accurately maintain list of open bed
status and waiting list. Communicates updates as required.
- Completes and copies necessary paperwork to ensure patient files are prepared for admission and execute the admission process efficiently and accurately while providing excellent customer service.
- Acts as a collaborative team member with Intake, Professional Relations, Marketing and
- Maintains strong communication with Professional Relations team regarding referral sources and patient status within intake process as appropriate.
Minimum of two years of experience working in a mental healthcare setting.
Previous experience working in intake, assessment and/or admissions of a healthcare
Understanding of Eating Disorders, preferred
Understanding of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and/or Family Based Therapy (FBT), preferred.
At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid-Time Off and 401(k).