Are you a highly artistic, technically savvy, professionally experienced real time digital game or visual effects artist interested in creating the next generation entertainment content?
Light Field Lab Inc., in Silicon Valley, California is building the world’s most advanced holographic ecosystem and we are looking for a well-rounded senior game engine/digital artist to help us develop content for our groundbreaking technologies.
The candidate will be creating high calibur design and animation material for conceptual demonstration pieces to be viewed on our holographic display echo systems. Beyond being an Unreal or Unity expert, you must have a working knowledge of professional 3D animation programs (3D Studio Max or Maya) and general knowledge of node-based compositing systems (Nuke or Digital Fusion). You don't need to be a hard core programmer but basic knowledge of coding for for real-time engines is beneficial. Candidates must have a start-up company mentality and be flexible with assignment variations and project deadlines.
This is a full time position located in our San Jose California office.
- Collaborate with creative development and programming team to advance the state of real-time rendered holographic immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance
- Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, and other content
- Work in Unreal/Unity, Nuke, Maya and other industry standard applications to create internal/external content and example workflows for holographic display systems
- Test and integrate holographic toolsets and render engines into 3rd party applications and systems
- Other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical artist or equivalent capacity in a feature film, television vfx or high end photorealistic 3D game development capacity.
- Strong artistic and technical skills with a professional understanding of color theory, layout, modeling, texturing, animation and lighting
- 3 plus years of heavy experience in Unreal and/or Unity (Octane a plus)
- 3 plus years of experience with 3DS Max and/or Maya
- 2 plus years of experience with Nuke and/or Digital Fusion
- General knowledge of the Adobe Suite of Tools. Photoshop/Illustrator
- Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations
- Materials: experienced in the development, authoring & organization of efficient materials
- Must be a team player and work well within a team environment
- Must have a high attention to detail and be organized
- Must have business level written and verbal english language communication skills
- Must have a passion to develop content within the holographic ecosystem
- Must have a capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
- Must have a portfolio/reel submission including a detailed breakdown of your work in each shot
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate; While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended periods of time; The employee is required to move around the premises; The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work; Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or information; Must be able to multi-task regularly; Employee must display a positive, professional image and attitude and work well with others; The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise levels; The position also requires the following abilities:
o Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods;
o Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
o Ability to handle stress;
o Ability to interact frequently and positively with others;
o Ability to meet deadlines;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. Light Field Lab Inc., is an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a guarantee of permanent employment.
Light Field Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, (including, but not limited to, religious dress and grooming practices), family status, ancestry, citizenship, military and veteran status, filing of a workers’ compensation claim, or any other legally protected status. It is our intention that all applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job related factors. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Full Health Benefits, Dental and Vision