WHO IS JLM STRATEGIC TALENT PARTNERS & WHAT IS OUR ROLE
We partner with National & International prime contractors to provide them with qualified talent they can trust.
We accomplish this by sourcing & vetting high level career seeking candidates in the industry and match them with our partners current open roles. Our objective is to help our general contractor partners build out project teams for high level infrastructure projects across the US.
We aspire to partner with candidates who are eager to learn, grow, and progress in their career path while deepening their knowledge in their given field.
We deeply value our partnerships and place great emphasis on maintaining strong relationships and long term hires.This is reflective in our competitive offerings to our hires including:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Ongoing HR support
- Competitive benefits packages including- Health, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
Our very own JLM Rewards incentive program
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of previous administrative experience in engineering and/or civil construction work.
- They thrive in a fast paced and a team oriented environment.
- They get excited about construction projects as well as completing assignments on time.
- An individual who will do well in this position is self oriented, organized, a great communicator, and approachable.
- Comfortable working within a team environment at the project site in Phoenix.
PERKS OF JOINING JLM
- Assist estimators by quantifying elements of construction using PDF plans, 2D CAD files, and 3D
models including. Scopes of work to quantify typically include: concrete structures, light rail
trackwork, mass earthworks, roadways, highways, aviation, facilities site work, and underground
- Capable of generating earthwork volumes using PDF plans, or 3D models. Able to calculate earthwork volumes use end are volume methods.
- Using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets that can calculate, compare, and summarize quantities of construction materials.
- Reviewing contract documents, including drawings, and specifications. Ability to understand the scope of work, project constraints, construction tolerances, and different material types.
- Complete takeoffs utilizing partially complete or in progress design documents. Be able to conceptually visualize the general intent on incomplete drawings.
- Coordinate with other takeoff personnel working together to facilitate the takeoff off and quantity comparison of a project’s construction components in a timely manner.
- Ability to stay on schedule and gauge the level of effort in order to complete the task at hand.
- Maintain organized records, working drawings, and take off summaries.
- Identify missing design elements or an overlap in work areas with other disciplines.
- Create exhibits for review purposes showing take off assumptions and communicating to others what has been included or excluded from quantity take off.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as benefits including Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, Life, and Paid Time Off!