Senior / Junior Operational Research Analyst - Applies mastery / journeyman level skill in advanced analytical, mathematical, or statistical techniques related to statistical analysis, parametric and non-parametric analysis, computer modeling, simulation, decision theory, mathematical programming, and regression analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Serves as a senior / junior warfighting analyst responsible for developing and executing analytical models and methods that support warfighting analyses from the engagement through campaign-levels.
· Develops / assists with development and executes mission and campaign-level representations, databases, and analyses of US, allied, and adversary forces executing warfighting concepts of operation.
· Advises other operations research analysts, scientists, or engineers on techniques best suited for tasked problems.
- Attend high level Departmental meetings and briefing and assist in development of the meeting and briefing materials
- Assist with preparation of progress reports, and prepare trip reports
- Recommend, when needed, changes to procedures and business workflows
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior - Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, physics, engineering, or an applied science discipline and 5 years of warfighting modelling, simulation and analysis using task-related tools, ORa Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in Operations Research, physics, engineering, or an applied science discipline with at least 7 years of warfighting modeling, simulation and analysis experience using task-related tools. Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Junior - Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, physics, engineering or an applied sciences discipline and 3 years of warfighting modelling, simulation and analysis using task-related tools, OR a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in Operations Research, physics, engineering or an applied sciences discipline with at least 5 years of warfighting modeling, simulation and analysis experience using task-related tools.
- To be considered, degrees must demonstrate at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must be in calculus.
- Key tools include; EADSIM, AMP/MIDAS, JFAST, SQL, R, Python, or AFSIM.
- Must possess knowledge of current military planning and operational force deployment and employment and be able to apply this knowledge to support war plan development, course of action design, and warfighting analyses.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warfighting modelling: 5 to 7 years
· Retirement Account
· PTO and 10 Federal Holidays
DoD Top Secret clearance required; Monthly travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $90.00 /hour
- Warfighting Modelling: 5 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible