The Shubert Organization, one of Broadway's leading theatrical management companies, currently has an opportunity available for an experienced Lobby Attendant.
- Wednesdays swing shift (alternate 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm and 4pm-midnight)
- Thursdays 12 noon – 9pm
- Fridays 12 noon – 9pm
- Saturdays 7am-4pm
- Sundays 12 noon – 8pm
- Off Mondays and Tuesdays
- Must be able to work overtime as needed (including holidays and primary coverage for co-workers’ vacations and day-off requests).
- Must have a FDNY Certificate of Fitness for Fire Life and Safety Director (F89) and be able to obtain and maintain the same for our Building.
- Superior verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor.
- If not already a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local 32BJ, must apply for union membership.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Perform all the duties required of the Fire Safety Director including conducting alarm tests, conducting fire drills, and maintaining log books as required by the Fire Safety Plan.
- Sign in all contractors, messengers, visitors, etc., and issue building passes as necessary. Announce all visitors.
- Check origin of large packages, equipment, etc. leaving the building. If appropriate, ensure an Out-Of-Building Pass has been completed.
- Monitor lobby activities (e.g., meet and greet, assist any person with outer doors/elevators who ask or are clearly in need, etc.).
- Keep lobby neat and desktop clear at all times. Check elevator cabs periodically for debris on the floor and sweep up as necessary.
- Sweep debris in front of building as necessary to maintain a clean appearance.
- Contact the appropriate internal Department in the event of an emergency.
- Perform the function of night time Evacuation Supervisor when working the evening shift.
- Communicate with authorized relief personnel regarding operations.
- As necessary, perform other tasks such as: keep sidewalk clear of snow/ice, apply ice melt as needed, change light bulbs, etc.
Benefits are provided through Local 32BJ.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.52 /hour
- Lobby Attendant: 2 years (Required)
- Do you have the FDNY Certificate of Fitness for Fire Life and Safety Director (F89)?