Chicago, IL or Houston, TX
Serving as a field-based extension of the Medical Affairs Department, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and its investigational women’s health product and research pipeline. The MSL will develop and maintain long term, peer-to peer relationships with critical stakeholders including Thought Leaders (TLs) Managed Care Payers, and other Health Career Professionals (HCPs) specializing in women’s health in academic settings and regional reproductive health centers as assigned. The MSL will establish rapport with these thought leaders through highly scientific disease-related discussion, support company sponsored research, investigator initiated trials, and where appropriate, extend the Medical Affairs resources to practicing clinicians. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current reproductive health-related therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure for the safe and effective utilization of the Company's products.
- Establish company as a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to developing and marketing innovative reproductive health products that are woman-controlled, non-invasive and easily reversible.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen professional relationships with local/regional/national KOLs and PCPs through appropriate scientific exchange and serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to these KOL specialists.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the proper use of company’s product(s), their clinical indications, supporting scientific information, and all product data.
- Deliver clinical presentations (with managed markets counterparts as available) to payer audiences at national, regional and/or local managed care organizations, achieving optimal formulary status and utilization.
- Attend national congresses and meetings and, as requested, provide medical and scientific booth support and gather competitive intelligence.
- Identify competitor studies in the same therapeutic space and provide feedback to internal colleagues.
- Identify and document physician and payer objections and/or treatment algorithms that may help inform internal stakeholders about short-term tactics.
- Engage in supporting Phase IV clinical study opportunities, design and execution in an effort to generate valuable real world evidence.
- Support medical education initiatives such as advisory board meetings and serve as a resource to review materials for medical accuracy as needed.
- Critically evaluate the educational quality of company sponsored educational programs.
- Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company-sponsored trials as requested.
- Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution and completion of Investigator Initiated Trial proposals.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant health sciences field (Pharm. D., MD, DO or PhD) is preferred , accompanied by minimum 1-2 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Advanced degree (NP, PA, BSN, MSN) with relevant clinical experience and significant MSL experience will be considered
- Experience with payer presentations is viewed as a positive1-2 years of relevant experience as a field-based MSL, or similar type field medical position required
- Clinical or industry experience in Women’s Health required
- Thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, FDA requirements and PhRMA code
- Proven track record of success in opinion leader development, payer interface and institution navigation
- Proven track record of success in teamwork, cross-matrix management and communication (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Ability to travel up to 70% with easy access to large hub airport
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications; ability to use field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job is critical
- Valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time