Worcester, MA Category: Education Posted On: Sun Sep 29 2019 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs and/or coordinates secretarial and clerical activities for the Interim Dean of the School of Math and Science.
Reports to Interim Dean of the School of Math and Science
Supervises 03 employees, temporary employees and/or work study, students as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs and/or coordinates a wide range of secretarial and clerical activities for Dean such as document production, information distribution, setting up and maintaining program and budget records, scheduling and planning meetings, conducting research for reports and proposals, ordering inventory/supplies.
2. Exercises judgment in a multi-tasking environment adjusting priorities as required.
3. Handles independent projects in support of the Dean's work such as databases, budgets, grant program/budget reporting, semester scheduling, proofreading curriculum and catalog documents, faculty issues, etc.
4. Reviews and routes daily correspondence appropriately and scheduling and/or apprising the Dean of appointments.
5. Receives and appropriately screens visitors and telephone calls; answers and/or refers inquiries to appropriate parties for action.
6. Receives, composes and prepares confidential communications such as letters of agreement and other MCCC or AFSCME contractual materials.
7. Composes and/or prepares correspondence, reports and/or memoranda for signature of executive according to standard procedure.
8. Maintains files and records such as correspondence files, tickler files, confidential records, telephone call logs, etc.
9. Performs related duties such as scheduling meetings, placing telephone calls and making travel arrangements for the Dean.
10. Maintains databases and files using various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook
11. Utilizes Microsoft Access and other database programs as appropriate, including creating and modifying queries.
12. Provides support for various programs in the Division, as appropriate.
13. Actively supports the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
14. Works actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
15. Embraces the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
16. Provides flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must have a least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
1. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the business or commercial course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
2. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.
3. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
4. An Associate's or higher degree may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
- Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
1. Demonstrated customer service and public relations skills in a variety of organizations.
2. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Access, including creating and modifying queries
3. Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
4. Demonstrated experience in making independent judgments in support of the Dean's work.
5. Proven experience in managing confidential information appropriately.
6. Demonstrated skill in multi-tasking independent projects such as databases on budgets, faculty contracts and timelines.
7. Demonstrated ability to remain calm and composed in high stress environment.
8. Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. An Associate degree or higher with 5+ years of progressive experience in similar role.
37.5 hours/week; Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. Full-time benefited position. Starting weekly rate is $853.65 per week.