Pop of Culture is a small but growing community that supports and celebrates Black entrepreneurs and creatives through multi-city events such as lifestyle popups, artist showcases, and social events and access to resources that encourage networking and business growth. We operate in New York, Atlanta, Los Angles, D.C. and Lagos. Our vision is to uplift and strengthen small brands, provide unique and memorable experiences, and create a global community of Black entrepreneurs and creatives that fosters collaboration, growth, and prosperity.
An Event Producer is, above all, someone who understands organization, efficiency, and attention to detail. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a strong work ethic and fresh ideas who know how to creatively problem solve, be organized, and be resourceful. If you want to be part of Pop of Culture becoming the leading brand creating opportunities for Black-owned brands and communities in Los Angeles, then we welcome you to apply for this position. This is a part-time position. You only travel or work on site when we have events and tasks that require your attendance.
We are looking for candidates who live in LOS ANGELES ONLY. Please DO NOT apply if you don't live in Los Angeles.
You will execute the following responsibilities:
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with new, creative ideas and implement them to enhance the events success
- Source and contact brands and individuals to participate
- Be in charge of sourcing personnel (DJs, photographers, décor etc.)
- Source and contact potential sponsors/partners
- Suggest/plan out promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all staff/parties involved
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Engage and build relationships with community partners and stakeholders
- Any other related tasks
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with event planning/production or project management is required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong and effective communication and negotiation skills
- Reliable internet connection and computer savvy; proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Fast learner
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A self-starter and outgoing
- Highly resourceful
- Knows how to use Asana
- Has relationships within the entertainment, events, and creative industries
- Has a marketing and/or PR background
For now, the pay for this role is PER EVENT and commission based. For small scale events, you'll receive at 10% of the profits and for large scale event, you'll receive 12-15% of the profits. Pop of Culture is still a small company and this is the ONLY structure we offer for now but will change when possible.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU!
Working with Pop of Culture is a rewarding and fun experience, as you'll work closely with Black entrepreneurs and creatives from various communities.
You'll play a direct role in growing us to be the leading Black-owned brand creating amazing shopping, networking, lifestyle, and business events around the world.
As a team member, you have the opportunity to receive:
-Hands on, real-life experience with planning different types of events
-Free travel and accommodation (for any event you have to attend outside of LA)
-Free products/gifts from brands we work with
-Free POC merchandise
-Food, accommodation, and travel stipends/reimbursement when working (if necessary)
-Bonus pay (when applicable)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $300.00 - $2,000.00 per month
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you able to start in the next 2 weeks if selected?
- Do you know how to use Asana and Google Drive?
- Are you OK with the pay per event structure? Please do not apply if you aren't.
- Do you have connections in the entertainment, music, and events scene in Los Angeles?
- Event planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote