Physical Rehabilitation Network (PRN) is a leading physical therapy (PT) clinic platform in the western U.S. The Company owns and operates 122 PT clinics in California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, North Dakota, Texas, Minnesota, New Mexico and Washington. PRN clinics provide a variety of outpatient rehabilitation services, including: physical therapy, occupational therapy, hand therapy and other ancillary services. The Company has an attractive business model, partnering with therapists highly respected in their local markets to develop and manage each clinic. The therapist partners maintain their own branding and relationships with referral sources and typically own a minority interest in the clinic, while in turn, PRN corporate provides a comprehensive set of centralized management services to the clinics. PRN is actively looking for de novo development opportunities as well as add-on investment opportunities. With a well-respected private equity firm providing access to capital, this mid-sized organization is looking to expand its senior leadership team. You will have the opportunity to participate in this emerging success story.
In a newly created role, the Vice-President of Sales will be responsible for providing the strategy, leadership, direction, and execution for all sales activities representing Physical Rehabilitation Network. Overseeing the field sales team, this person will take a dynamic approach to building, implementing, and directing census development, as well as internal and external engagement strategies to drive measurable YOY new patient growth and brand recognition across nationally-distributed locations. The ideal candidate will have experience leveraging cross-functional resources, collaborating interdepartmentally and effectively recruit, hire, and retain a top-notch referral-generation team in a high-growth environment.
The scope of the strategy will include: an increased, highly-visible presence within the physical therapy industry to aid in the awareness, reputation, and referral cultivation program to drive program census; and the development, implementation, monitoring and coaching of field personnel to drive clinic volumes.
In executing this strategy, the responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Guide the sales team to generate opportunities for PRN to participate in healthcare, education, advocate, and community initiatives, discussions, and partnerships that highlight our commitment to evidenced-based outcomes.
- Create a strategy to leverage events, brand, and partnerships to promote local community awareness and drive referrals
- Work effectively with vendors to secure and manage sales tools for reporting and tracking
- Analyze and promptly disseminate market findings to appropriate stakeholders (i.e. operations, leadership teams, local clinicians, etc.).
Field Marketing / referral source cultivation:
- Lead sales efforts related to current locations and the launch of new services by developing strategic tactics coordinated with campaign efforts from the marketing department.
- Maintain and utilize ongoing market analysis
- Constantly research and stay abreast of latest healthcare reform initiatives
- Research, formulate, and enact region-specific business and marketing plans to drive patient referrals, annually and quarterly.
- Develop, establish, monitor, and oversee referral contacts strategy and process across all regions.
- In necessary markets, recruit, hire, and retain the field talent to establish strong local relationships and to drive patient and clinician referrals
- Educate, train, and empower the sales force to drive patient growth
- Establish contact, census goals and metrics to maximize the local market-effectiveness
- Serve as a business development subject matter expert to the organization
- Identify potential new market opportunities and assist in development
- Work with regional sales force and operations teams to establish best practices around leveraging the internal patient retention and track and convert new patient leads.
- Analyze and utilize historic and current market data/trends for network success
- Collaborate with marketing department to implement market strategy to promote programs and services
- Regularly measure and report insights gained from field associates and measure activity conversion rates as it relates to referral source marketing, direct to consumer marketing, and referral generation.
- Monitor and sales activities and consumer conversion numbers for ROI
- Conduct market research to review and disseminate on appropriate industry and competitor trends, best practices, noteworthy news, and model practitioners
- Perform routine analysis and report success metrics to collaborate with marketing department and establish best-practices for sales, communications, and community development.
- Oversee sales budget planning, spending, and tracking:
- Manage sales team budget to include real-time marketing spend, local strategies and other relevant overhead.
KEY selection criteria:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience with 5+ years’ experience in sales and marketing; prior managerial experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing or relevant work experience required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a partnership model that brands locally is a major plus
- Experience or familiarity with physical therapy and accompanying industry sales, operating, and patient retention software is a strong plus
- Strong skills in computer programs including Excel, Microsoft Office Suite and CRM experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts