Flooring Estimator – Commercial Construction
Who is Place Services, Inc.?
Building Our Company by Building Our People
Place Services, Inc. is a nationwide Commercial General Contractor and Subcontractor company specializing in remodeling and new construction of retail Big Box stores. PSI was founded by Troy Place in 2006 and has grown into a $100+ million dollars/year company. We have worked for a wide range of retail giants including Walmart, Publix, JC Penny’s, Best Buy, CVS, Racetrac, QuikTrip, Kroger, and Macy’s.
Why are we hiring?
Place Services, Inc. is looking to hire an additional Estimator to join our Flooring division, to assist with estimating the cost of completing, and bidding, on various projects. These are fast-moving remodel, and long term “ground-up”, projects that are scattered across the nation.
Flooring Estimator Job Description:
As an estimator, you will collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor, required to remodel or construct a commercial building project and sell your estimate to the customer to win the bid and be awarded the project.
Flooring Estimator Responsibilities:
The Flooring Estimator may take on a variety of duties, depending on the project and the customer expectations, these duties typically involve:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities necessary to do the job:
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Travel to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors.
- Read/interpret blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates.
- Collaborate with owners, general contractors, clients, engineers, architects and contractors on estimates.
- Consult with industry experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues.
- Use computer software to calculate estimates.
- Evaluate a project’s cost-effectiveness or profitability.
- Recommend ways to make a project more cost effective or profitable.
- Work with the project management team to prepare estimates and bids for clients.
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project implementation.
Flooring Estimators have an in-depth understanding of construction methods and principles, tools, and equipment. These team-players also have a familiarity with health and safety regulations. The following abilities are required:
What Place Services will offer the right candidate:
- Analytical skills – You will need to accurately evaluate detailed specifications and create project estimates that minimize costs without sacrificing quality.
- Detail Oriented – Estimators must pay attention to small details because they may have a large impact on a project’s overall cost. Organizational skills are essential.
- Technical Skill – Detailed knowledge of industry processes, materials and costs are vital. You will be required to demonstrate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Estimating software experience including, Plan-Swift and MicroSoft Excel preferred.
- Communication – Estimators must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers in order to determine the full scope and expectations of a project. Often, you will be required to write detailed reports in order to persuade clients to award PSI the project.
- Family owned and operated company
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Per Diem pay when traveling
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life and Accident Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan including a ROTH IRA option
- Generous Personal Time Off program & 7 paid Holidays
As an EEO employer, Place Services, Inc. is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Place Services, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.