Industrial Automation Engineer
Experience: 2-5 Years
RELOCATION and or SIGNING BONUS IS NEGOTIABLE
Split Your Time Between our New Jersey and New York City Offices
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
We buy lunch for our team-members every day! We have taken them and their families on long weekend get-a-ways at each 5-year company anniversary. We present awards to our achieving employees and back them up career advancement opportunities. We also keep everyone’s skills up to date through “Thermo University”, our top-notch internal training program. And, most of all, we are NEVER afraid to say “Thank You,” to our team members for a job well done! Does this sound like the type of progressive company you’d like to work at?
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation Markets. From our Headquarters in East Windsor, NJ and offices throughout the US, Thermo Systems deploys industrial automation projects throughout the US and Europe.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time field experienced Lead Control Systems Engineer with 2 to 5 years of industrial automation experience.
Summary of Duties:
This detail-oriented position will report to BOTH our headquarters in East Windsor, NJ and Midtown Manhattan Office. You will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside of New Jersey.
Qualified Candidates shall exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology related field.
- 2+ years working with and programming automated equipment including VFDs and other programmable controllers.
- Experience in programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in hardware and software design development for process and energy based applications.
- Experience in programming one or more of the following SCADA packages: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Experience in programming of one of more of the following Building Automation System (BAS) Human Machine Interface (HMI): Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens, JCI, Allerton, Automated Logic Controls.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Experience in third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, LON, Ethernet IP, Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Overnight and in-town travel will be required.
What you'll get:
RELOCATION/SIGNING BONUS IS NEGOTIABLE
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, relocation allowances and business travel reimbursement:
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Complimentary Lunch: Enjoy lunch on Thermo!
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, corn hole, horseshoes- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
Visit us atwww.thermosystems.comto learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Controls: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift