We are currently hiring a Research Associate and Executive Assistant (“RA/EA”) who will report primarily to the Managing Director of Grassy Creek Ventures and the Grassy Creek Foundation, Ian Huschle. Because we are a small office, the RA/EA will provide support to all professionals as possible. In general, the RA/EA will work to enhance the effectiveness of our investment and foundation executives by providing them with management support and assistance with research and administrative matters. Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserving executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintaining executives’ appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcoming guests, affiliates and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintaining client confidence and protecting operations and our principals by keeping information confidential.
- Preparing reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Securing information by completing data base backups.
- Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; keeping the office and pantry areas neat and tidy.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from a competitive school. Two to four years of work experience is preferred, but not required. The candidate must also:
- Have exceptional skills in:
- Verbal communication
- Creating and delivering presentations
- Using standard business software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Time management
- Be extremely responsible, discrete and operate with the highest levels of integrity.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with limited supervision.
- Have the ability to fit into a small team and highly demanding work environment.
- Be thoughtful, intuitive and aware, and have the ability to read nuance in any given situation.
We are a young and growing company, and as such we expect the successful candidate to be eager and willing to adapt and thrive in an environment which may require flexibility in responsibilities and setting.
- Grassy Creek’s New York City headquarters, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6720, NYC, NY 10118.
- Compensation is $50,000 annually, paid out pro rata on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- Eligible for a discretionary 10% annual bonus with superior performance.
- 10 federal holidays plus 20 days paid time off per year to cover vacation, sick days, personal days, bereavement days and requested time off for any other reason.
- Participation in the company’s health plan. Though the plan is updated and renewed every year, the general provisions are that the company pays the full premium of each employee and 20% of the premium of eligible dependents. Employee is only responsible for co-pay, out of pocket minimums, and any other related expenses.
- Immediate upon availability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Executive Support: 1 year
Required work authorization: