Area of responsibility:
Develop and lead a brand marketing strategy, plans and execution aligned with the overall Emerging Brand goals, driving ROI and growth for respective brands. It’s about driving brand relevancy, distinctiveness and presence. There is a need and opportunity to create locally relevant brands leveraging consumer insights and support of our international brand partners across HNV. This role requires strategic ability, with the capability to develop brands locally, with cross functional partnerships and collaboration. It also required the ability to roll up your sleeves, finding alternative ways to break through the clutter of traditional marketing campaigns, in order to gain share of mind and execution of relevant brands. Brands include Red Stripe, Prestige, Affligem, Sagres, Murphy’s, Moretti and others TBD.
Heineken USA offers the unique opportunity to shape locally relevant brands, working across new strategies and innovations for your brand, while also being able to execute them in market in in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment where ideas are welcome and all opinions are heard.
Background / Experiences:
- Development of brand strategy aligned with overall Emerging Brands goals to drive revenue and volume growth
- Development of Brand Manager, including day to day management and long term coaching (if applicable)
- Drive brand relevancy with development of local brand assets, plans and stories, leveraging consumer and shopper insights
- Strategic assessment of new HUSA import brands to leverage into the portfolio.
- Work with international global brands to lift and shift global brand stories, making them relevant for the HUSA markets to drive HH penetration
- Break through the clutter with development of non-traditional media plans to deliver maximum impact with external partners and consumers
- Drive innovation for appropriate brands working with innovation team and internal brand partners
- Create brand relevancy and distinctiveness with pack, price, channel strategy
- Development of sku prioritization and rationalization, collaborating with operations, sales & international brand teams
- Partnership with regional marketing, sales and cross functional teams to drive plans through the line with flawless execution
- Help to sell in local plans with national and regional sales, as well as distributor partners
- Lead partnership with regional marketing; national sales and commercial teams to develop through the line brand activation with in key markets (tool kits, media, PR, sponsorships, etc.)
- Lead brand and competitive tracking scorecard across key metrics, including and not limited to (with support of brand finance and / or brand manager):
- Brand sales and trends (sales, depletions, Nielsen, rate of sale, displays/promotional volume)
- POD/ Display Execution
- Brand health
- Brand profitability, financials and budget management
- Post program analysis, including lessons learned
- Responsible for brand management and deliver of aligned FGP goals.
- 5 years minimum of brand management experience
- Self-starter, who is agile and creative in managing multiple brands
- Entrepreneurial mindset who is willing bring new out of the box ideas with test and learn approach
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Proven track record of project management experience
- Experience interfacing and managing a cross-cultural/functional team a plus
- Marketing/agency experience specifically in managing event activation and digital projects
- Analytic capability with comfort around Nielsen or IRI data
- Ability to thrive in fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Beverage industry knowledge preferred
- Travel ~15%
- MBA a plus
Heineken Leadership Expectations
- Role Model
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation’s leading high-end beer importer, is a subsidiary of HEINEKEN International NV, the world’s most international brewer. Key brands imported into the U.S. are Heineken®, the world’s most international beer brand, the Dos Equis Franchise, the Tecate Franchise and Strongbow Hard Apple Ciders. HEINEKEN USA also imports Amstel Light, Amstel Xlight, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands.
We are a proud family with rich heritage and history. We are passionate about the beer and cider that we sell. At our core we are pioneers, mavericks, and entrepreneurs. We connect people by creating meaningful experiences and memorable moments. Every day you have the opportunity to be extraordinary and leave your mark. For the latest information on our company and brands, follow us on Twitter @HeinekenUSACorp, or visit HEINEKENUSA.com.
We Brew Experiences That Inspire Legendary Lives.